Chapter 1

Lost Boy

        The last note of one of my favorite songs rang through my ear as I watched my favorite band end their concert tonight. They had finally made it. I watched as Calum Hood thanked the crowd for coming out and the crowd started to leave. For some reason though my feet refused to move. I had come here alone so nobody was rushing me out. I just stood there as the boys gathered their instruments and all the equipment. I looked across the stage at the four boys. There was Calum Hood the bass player, Michael Clifford the guitarist, Ashton Irwin the drummer, and Luke Hemmings the guitarist. They all sing, but Luke usually heads up the vocals. I look around me and almost everybody is gone. There are a few fans waiting up for autographs and whatnot, but for the most part the venue was empty. I gathered my stuff and decided to take a Starbucks break before making the long drive back home.

          I ordered my usual drink and sat down. I pulled my phone out and posted the pictures of tonight on instagram. I was just about to leave when four familiar faces walked in. I decided that I could stay a little longer. I made eye contact with the beautiful blonde haired Luke Hemmings. I quickly and discretely opened up my camera app on my phone to use it as a mirror. My skin is pale and my hair is its natural white blonde color. Every strand was perfectly in the place I had put it when I had put it half up and half down with curls. I closed the app and looked over my shoulder at the boys. It was so obvious that I was a fan. I was wearing one of their shirts for crying out loud. I debated walking over there or not.

          Finally I plucked up the courage for a walk by. I would just casually walk past them and throw my trash away. I fixed my hair, reapplied my chapstick, and gathered my trash. I gracefully walked past them, threw my trash into the bin, and made my way back to my seat. I hear laughter and talking from behind me. I slowly turn my head and see the Five Seconds of Summer boys looking at me and laughing. My face turned instantly bright red. I quickly turned my head around and gathered my stuff. I stood up and made my way to the door. I was just about to open the door when I felt somebody grab my arm. I spun around to see Luke. This was the last thing I wanted. I had completely embarrassed myself in front of the boys that I practically idolized. “Hey, I’m sorry. We were just joking around. We didn’t mean to hurt you.” He says apologetically. I couldn’t formulate any words. I just looked up at him as the tears were welling up in my eyes and threatening to fall. “Come sit with us please. Let me buy you a coffee?” he suggested. I shrugged and as I did so my bag slipped off of my shoulder. Luke grabbed it and led me to the boys’ table where he set my bag down. “I’m Luke by the way.” He says shyly as he extends his hand to me. “As if I don’t already know” I mumble under my breath. He gives me a half smile showing me that he heard my comment. “Sydney.” I say shyly as I shake his hand. It took everything within me not to freak out and go into fangirl mode.

          Luke smiled and motioned for me to take his seat. I complied and he pulled up a nearby chair for himself. “And these are the rest of the boys, but I’m sure you already know that.” Luke says motioning to the rest of the boys. “Calum, Michael, and Ashton” I say naming them off. They smiled weakly at me. “Sorry we made you feel bad earlier. We just didn’t know models lived around here.” Ashton says. I feel the red return to my cheeks. “I’m sorry you’ll just have to get used to us.” Luke says to me. “So what did you say your name was? I didn’t quite catch it when Luke asked you.” Michael says. “Sydney Highland” I say gaining confidence. “So Sydney did you like the show tonight?” Calum asks. “Is that really a question? Of course I loved the show” I say. Calum smiles and so does Luke. “Good because Luke here was worried that you didn’t” Ashton says. Luke kicks him under the table making Ashton make a face. “What is that supposed to mean?” I asked confused. “That means that Ashton would love to buy you a coffee. What do you want?” Luke says. I hesitate before answering. “Just a caramel frap thanks” I say sweetly to Ashton. He smiles at me and gives Luke a glare before going to order my drink.