Chapter 9

Luke’s Point of View

          “So how much longer is this tour?” Michael asked Calum. Michael never really knew what was going on and he never really cared either. As long as he had food and video games he was good. “Just about three weeks left actually” Calum says with a look of concentration on his face. “Wow it feels like we just left home last week.” Michael says before shrugging the topic off. “Hey Ashton do you want any of this ice cream before Michael eats it all?” I call to Ashton who is in the beds area of the bus. “I’m going to get fat!” Ashton yells back. He was always going on about how he was going to get fat. I have a feeling that won’t happen any time soon. Michael smiles a little to himself before taking another spoonful of half melted ice cream. I checked my phone. No new messages or voicemails and no missed calls. “Expecting something?” Calum asks looking over at me. “No why?” I ask not getting what he is getting at. “Well you keep looking at your phone every minute or so.” Calum says. “Yeah I noticed that too” Michael says finishing off the ice cream. “Oh I didn’t realize I was doing that” I say casually. “I bet it has something to do with that girl. What’s her name? Sydney?” Michael says. “Yes it’s Sydney and how in the world could you possibly associate me checking my phone frequently with Sydney?” I ask. I feel like they are constantly teasing me about Sydney. I can’t even imagine what they would say if they knew I kissed her. “I bet you he gave her his number and she hasn’t contacted him.” Ashton says taking a seat next to the other boys with a pony cup in his hand. “That’s pretty embarrassing” Calum says as he lounges across Ashton’s lap. “That’s not even it at all” I say defensively. “Aw Lukey is blushing” Calum says pinching my now red cheeks. “Oh shut up you guys. My whole world including my phone checking habits does not revolve around Sydney.” I say with a note of finality. “Touchy” Michael says under his breath. I give him a quick glare that doesn’t faze him. “Hey look we’re here!” Ashton says peering out the bus window. We all crowd around the window to get a good look at the city we will be playing at tonight. The look of the city excites me every time for the show to come.

Sydney’s Point of View

          I checked my hair in the mirror before quickly dialing my friend Ryan. He picked up quickly. “Hey Syd.” He said answering the phone. “Hey Ry. Be ready. I’m just about to leave my house.” I say as I sling my bag over my shoulder and race down the stairs. “I’ll be waiting” he says and I can hear the faint smile in his voice. “Great see you in five” I say quickly before hanging up and getting into my car. I drive the familiar road to Ryan’s house and see him waiting on his porch step. He walks quickly over to my car and throws the door open. “Let’s go!” he says as he quickly slams the car door shut and buckles his seat belt. “Yes Sir!” I say before racing off to the airport.

          “Do you see her?” Ryan asks for the third time. “No not yet. Patience my child.” I say trying to calm him down. We are both pretty pumped about the arrival of our best friend Maggie. “Look! Look! Look!” he says a little too loudly straight into my ear while pointing over at a blonde girl headed our way. She suddenly makes eye contact with me and Ryan and I run to greet her. “Sydney! Ryan!” she exclaims as she engulfs us into a massive group hug. “I’ve missed you so much. How was London?” I ask as she releases us. “Great! I have so much to tell you” she gushes as we head towards baggage claim. “Well you can tell me all about it tonight. Oh and I have some stuff to tell you too.” I say thinking quickly about Luke. “This one yours?” Ryan asks pointing to a big blue duffle bag. “Oh yeah thanks!” she says reaching to grab the bag. Ryan beats her to it and takes it and places it next to her. “Thanks Ry” Maggie says. “So sleepover at my place!” I say excitedly. “Heck yeah!” Ryan says pumping his fist into the air. “No boys allowed!” Maggie and I chorus before sticking our tongues out at him. Ryan gives us a deflated look before the three of us proceed back to my car.