Chapter 12

Calum’s Point of View

          Luke and Ashton were in a meeting with management and Michael was focused intently on his twitter feed so I decided to use this opportunity to call Niall. “Niall?” I ask after hearing the phone get picked up. “Yeah Calum is that you?” he asked in his Irish accent. “Yeah it’s me. I just wanted to confirm some plans about tomorrow with you. Are the boys around?” I ask. “Harry and Zayn are. Liam and Louis are out doing interviews.” He replies. “Well we might as well go ahead and make some plans anyways. So Luke’s been kind of down lately over some girl and I was thinking he could use a pick me up if you know what I’m saying.” I suggest. “I feel ya, Cal. Too bad Zayn and Harry can’t properly enjoy boys’ night anymore.” He says laughing a little to himself. I hear Harry mumble something in the background. “Yeah well your five sauce boys will always be there for you” I say grinning a little. “Who is that you are talking to?” Michael asks peering up at me over his phone. ‘Niall’ I mouth to him. “Hi Niall!” Michael screams into my ear and into the phone. “What was that?” I hear from a confused Niall on the line. “Just Michael saying hi” I say shoving Michael away from me for hurting my eardrum. “HI MICHAEL” Niall’s voice shouts into my ear. “Niall says hi” I whisper to Michael while clutching my ear. Michael takes my phone and proceeds to continue the conversation with Niall without me, on my phone! I wait impatiently for him to finish up before snatching my phone back from him. I wasn’t really angry, just more annoyed. “Niall says he will sort things out with the guys and text you the details.” Michael says before resuming his position in front of his phone. “Maybe you should have been a secretary” I say. “Well if this whole rock star thing falls through I might” he says chuckling a little to himself.

Sydney’s Point of View

          After hitting the batting cages we all went back to Ryan’s house for ice cream. By now the baseball team had left and Maggie, Ryan, and I were all that were left. “It’s good to have you back Mags” Ryan says pulling her into a side hug. “Well I won’t be here for long. I decided to go to that school in London I had been talking about” she says before getting up and putting the ice cream back into the freezer. “Nice. Sydney how about you?” he asked me as he proceeded to gather up the dirty dishes. “I’m not entirely sure yet, but I will probably just end up going where Maggie goes anyway” I say shrugging. “That way we can room together” Maggie adds. “Well I have no idea who I will end up rooming with.” Ryan says. We all can’t help but think of Jason at that moment. Ryan and Jason were supposed to room together and both play on the baseball team together, but now that isn’t happening. “Oh hey Maggie I got this new movie I think you are really going to love!” Ryan says excitedly as he runs off into his family room to retrieve the DVD. “Want to watch it now?” she asks as he returns with the disc in his hands. “Yeah sounds good. What do you say Syd, up for a movie?” he asks me. “What kind of movie?” I ask cautiously. Ryan and I never had the same taste in movies. “Just an amazing horror film” he says excitedly. “I think I’ll pass. You guys go on ahead though. I have some things I want to do.” I say. We say our goodbyes and Maggie and Ryan make themselves comfortable on the couch as I leave the house. I think I’ll go visit Jason.