Chapter 2

Luke’s Point of View

Ashton had left to go get Sydney’s drink. She was so beautiful. Her light complexion along with her light hair makes her look so naturally gorgeous. She seemed so shy, but the things that she would say led me to believe that if I really knew her she wouldn’t be so reserved. “So what was keeping you from saying hi to us?” Calum asked. He has a gift for being straightforward without it ever seeming rude or awkward. Me on the other hand, I’m pretty awkward. “Truth?” she asked. I could sense that she was slowly opening up to us. Calum nodded and she shifted nervously in her seat. “I didn’t want to intrude and I wouldn’t know what to say and I was almost a bit nervous about what you guys would really be like.” She says looking down at her hands. Then it caught my eye. Her scars. She followed my gaze and blushed once she realized what I was looking at. “Yeah that would be a real problem. I mean who in their right mind would want to know what one of their favorite bands is really like? I am correct to say that we are one of your favorites?” Calum says. “Number one favorite, and when you put it like that it makes me sound stupid.” She says blushing. “No I get it. What if the reality doesn’t live up to the expectation? It would suck to know that the people you looked up to were actually just a bunch of jerks.” I say. “Exactly” she says as Ashton hands her the coffee. “Thanks Ashton” she says quietly. “You can call me Ash.” He says taking his seat. I look over my shoulder at Michael who was on his phone as usual. He was on Tumblr, figures. I look up at Sydney who was looking down at her phone. “Crap! I didn’t realize it was so late.” She says to herself. I check the time on my phone. It was fifteen minutes past midnight. “Can you boys excuse me for a second while I call home?” she asks politely. Cal gestures for her to proceed. She stands up and puts the phone to her ear.