Chapter 14

Michael’s Point of View

          The next day the boys and I were pretty pumped because One Direction was going to come see us play and hang out with us. Calum had secured plans with the boys and we are having a boys’ night out and we are going to party hard. Luke could use a bit of a pick me up though he does seem a bit better after his break yesterday. I guess the clean air of the park helped clear his head or something. “Hey guys I have something I want you to hear” Luke says bringing his guitar out to us. “New song?” Ashton asks. “If it’s good enough. It helped me put my mind back in order.” Luke replies. “Well here goes” he says before starting to play.

          “Without you I’m a lost boy” the last words of the song ring out and we let the silence sit for a moment. “After this tour ends I’m going to go to Australia and find her. I need to find Sydney.” He says. “I’ll go with you. If it’s important to you then it’s important to me” Calum says. “I would go with you too, but Ash and I have a songwriting session right after the tour in London.” I say. “Yeah, but we support you” Ashton chimes in. “Good because I know I have to do this. I’ve never needed somebody like this before” Luke says. We all nod, but none of us really know what it is like to have found the one. Maybe Zayn has some insight for him; after all he seems to be happy with Perrie.

Sydney’s Point of View

          “So how was movie night with Ryan?” I ask Maggie now that we finally have a moment to ourselves to catch up. “The movie was good, but other than that it was uneventful. Ryan just doesn’t have feelings for me like he used to and I don’t have any feelings left for him either so I guess that all worked out well.” She says while curling the last section of her hair. “That’s good I guess. Oh and I have some big news for you.” I say eagerly. “What?” she asks curiously. “I have decided to go to that college in London with you. Our parents worked everything out. You will spend what is left of summer with me and then we both will go and live with your parents in London for the semester.” I say excitedly. “Yay! That’s fantastic!” she squeals while throwing her arms around me. “I know! Now we can be roomies like we always dreamed of” I say returning the hug. “This is so exciting!” she says letting go of me. “I know! Now let’s finish getting ready. We have a big night ahead of us.” I say checking my makeup for the last time in the mirror.