Chapter 5

Sydney’s Point of View

          I’m so glad Luke is staying up here with me tonight. I would be freaking out the whole night if he didn’t. It might seem a little sketchy to be sharing a room with somebody I just met tonight, but something about Luke just screams trustworthy. “Hey Sydney were you going to ask me something before?” Luke asks. “Oh yeah, why are you being so incredibly nice to me? I mean I appreciate it and all, but why?” I ask. He shifted a bit on the bed. “Well first off we were kind of jerks when we first saw you at Starbucks” he says. Yeah that was pretty weird. “Actually I’m still really confused about that” I admit. “Well when the guys say you there in the coffee shop they started teasing me and urging me to go over and talk to you because I had kind of pointed out how pretty you were at the concert earlier that night.” He confesses as a blush spreads across his cheeks. “You thought I was pretty?” I ask sort of excited that my favorite band member from my favorite band thought that I was pretty. “You still are” he says obviously picking up on my use of the past tense. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. “Well thanks” I say being polite and also because I didn’t want to be awkward. “You’re welcome” he replies with a small smile. “What time is it?” I ask reaching for my phone. It is a little past three. “Wow it’s pretty late. We should probably get some sleep especially you Rockstar” I say ruffling Luke’s hair. I saw my feelings mirrored in Luke’s expression. As much as we needed the sleep we both wanted to stay up and hang out. “Ah man I didn’t bring anything to sleep in” Luke says looking down at the clothes he was wearing. “Crap me neither” I say looking down at my outfit. I was wearing my 5sos shirt, ripped black skinny jeans and black Vans.  “You know we almost match” Luke says looking at my outfit. He was wearing his signature black skinny jeans with the hole in the knee, his black Vans, and his smiley face tee shirt. If we were to ever date we would be “that couple” you know the couple that matches. But I can’t even think of dating anybody right now especially somebody like Luke. “Oh we should get a picture together!” I say grabbing my phone. We come together in the classic one arm around each other picture pose before I snap the picture. I look at the picture and it looks nice despite the small bags under our eyes. “Cute!” I say before flopping down on my bed. “We should really get some sleep now” I say as I peel back the sheets and slip into the bed. I feel really nasty sleeping in what I wore today without being able to properly get ready for bed. “I guess I will too” Luke says before he shuffles over to the other bed and slips into it. “Goodnight Luke Hemmings” I say mostly just to hear myself say it. It wasn’t exactly the way I envisioned it after all those nights of fangirling, but it was nice to be able to say without sounding like a delusional teenage girl. “Goodnight Sydney Highland” Luke says and I can hear the smile in his voice. “I should probably turn out the lights” I say after a second of us both lying awkwardly in our beds. “That might help” Luke says with a little laugh. I quickly get out of the bed, turn off the lights and make my way back to my bed while tripping in the process. “Night” we say at the same time before the room goes silent.