Chapter Thirteen- Burglar

Start from the beginning

“Get inside! I was actually planning on going to a restaurant —yes, it was last moment, but not a bad idea, eh?— but Archer doesn't want to go anywhere,” Archer's Dad said in one breath, making me question if he was human or not.

“Nah, it's alright. We could just go out and leave these two idiots here,” Dad said and my head whipped to his direction.

What?

My jaw clenched as I did my best not to glare at him and Jake, who was trying to hold in his laughter.

“One last go,” Mom spoke. “Three seconds to say if you guys want to join.”

I started panicking and by the time I could say anything, Mom had already counted to three.

“Okay, bye!” they waved and walked out the door while I just watched them walk off, closing the door.

My jaw hung open, trying to process what happened. Outside I could hear the car doors open and close again after a short while, indicating that they had all hopped in the car. I then heard the car —or cars— start and alas, driving off.

I sighed and turned around, looking at Archer as he looked at me. It was as if we both didn't know what just happened. Everything happened so fast, we didn't even have the chance to react upon anything.

“What the fuck...” I heard Archer mutter under his breath before he looked up at me. “Do you want to get drunk? Because the last thing I want is so remember your face the next morning.”

I rolled my eyes, “The feeling is mutual, you motherfucker.”

“Good —not as if anyone cares about your feelings, but good,” he said and my jaw clenched.

I hate him.

We walked up the stairs and ended up in some sort of bar thingy there. One thing I forgot to mention was the fact that Archer's house was huge. A bit bigger than ours, so I wasn't really surprised with me ending up in any luxurious space. I guess I was getting used to this kind of life.

Archer took out a bottle of Vodka and two glasses. He made us both our drinks and handed mine over to me. We were both about to take our first, gulp probably, but suddenly a loud noise came from outside.

Archer and I frowned at each other and we both put our drinks down before walking to the door that led to the balcony. Archer carefully, trying not to make any sound, opened the door and we tiptoed to the beautiful black railing. We looked down and noticed this man dressed in all black, struggling with the main door.

“Do you know that guy?” I whispered to Archer and he shook his head.

“I think that's a burglar!” he whispered back.

My eyes grew wide before glaring at him. “Why in the living fuck did you turn off your alarms?” Archer shrugged and I rolled my eyes. “What now?”

“I don't know... How about you jump on him?”

I shot him a sarcastic smile, “How funny,” I suddenly dropped the smile, “How about we call the fucking police?”

Archer gave a skeptical look, “They're going to take too long. We need to do something now,”

“Okay,” I whispered, “How about we call the police first and see what we can do about him in the mean time.”

Archer shrugged, “Sounds good.”

I frowned. How can he be so calm in a situation like this? Archer walked back inside and called the police. In the mean time, the burglar had already opened the main door. I went back inside and there Archer and I slowly made our way downstairs.

I looked around, but didn't see him, so we sneaked to the kitchen where we saw him taking some food supplies. Archer and I looked at each other and smirked.

“He doesn't have a gun,” Archer whispered and grinned.

We tiptoed behind the burglar and I felt my heart beat faster in excitement. It had been a long time since I beat someone up and I wasn't going to lose this opportunity.

I raised my arm and elbowed him right at the back of his neck with all my strength. He screamed and fell on one knee. Archer kicked him to the floor and I sat on his back, twisting his arm to his back.

“I'm sorry! I'm sorry!” he repeated over and over again.

“You really think you can get away with this?!” I growled.

“Please, don't send me to jail! I have children!” he yelled.

“You're going to jail, buddy!” Archer pressed the guy's head against the floor, but I noticed him getting rather shocked when he saw the burglar's face.

“He did go for food supplies...” I breathed out and Archer slowly let go.

“Get away from here! If I see you again, I'll fucking murder you and I mean it!” Archer's jaw clenched and unclenched.

He let go of the burglar and I stood up too. I watched him as he stumbled up and ran out of the house. I looked at Archer.

“Why did you let him go?” I asked. I had my reasons to let him go, but I was curious to know Archer's.

“I have my reasons. Come on, I still want that drink.”

I looked at Archer as he walked off, leaving me behind. Maybe, just maybe, Archer isn't as bad as I thought.

“I still hate you though,” I shouted, which resulted in him shouting back.

“I hate you too!”