Chapter 13 Pt. 2

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.

***

I think we have an emergency

If you thought I'd leave, then you were wrong

Cause I won't stop holding on

So are you listening?

So are you watching me?

If you thought I'd leave, then you were wrong

Cause I won't stop holding on.

This is an emergency

So are you listening?

And I can't pretend that I don't see this.

Chapter 14

--Elspeth--

I forcefully laughed as Axel told me a joke that I've heard thousands of times before. I knew that it sounded forced but Axel seemed oblivious to it as he laughed along with me and gestured towards a nearby table. As immature as it seems I blew a raspberry at his turned back, wanting to roll on the ground from the sneakiness of the act I just committed.

I smiled at the atmosphere, the place looked friendly enough with the neon signs on the walls and homely pictures and jerseys that settled along the plaster. Not to mention the checkerboard tables and the swiveling chairs that reminded me of an old time diner. But I guess that was the point.

The smell of vanilla and chocolate wafted through the air and I hoped that they had other treats here besides ice cream. I couldn't handle the thought of eating that slimy mess. I almost went into hysterics as I thought about that stuff sliding down my throat. Ugh... just-ugh.

When we came upon a table, Axel pulled out my chair and I inwardly scowled at the chivalrous action. Sometimes men think too lowly of a little girl like me. Although I have baby muscles, my muscles aren't that weak that I couldn't pull out my own swivelling chair. Psh, men.

I brought out my cellphone from the pocket of my shorts, typing Riki a short text about how the date was going so far. Let's just say that I wasn't giving Axel any compliments.

"So have you ever been here before?" Axel asked me.

I scoffed, "I don't live in Atlanta."

He blushed and then ran a hand through his auburn hair, his actions clearly displaying his embarrassment, "Oh yeah of course, but I just thought that this was a chain shop so maybe you'd been here before."

I cocked my head to the side, thinking about his response, it was a nice save but I was pretty sure this shop was one of those family owned businesses that only spread throughout a state."Yeah... this isn't a chain shop. At all." I replied, my hair falling over my shoulder and I watched his eyes move along with the strands and then straying far past the locks of my hair to my long olive-toned legs.

I sighed and then went to grab the sprinkles from the basket that lay on the checkered table. What a pervert.

I poured the multi-colored sprinkles onto the table, smiling as they laid before me in all of their palatable glory. Without another thought and just to annoy Axel further, I took my finger and swirled designs in the spill, humming softly to myself. I giggled in my mind wondering how Axel was perceiving my little show.

As I looked up at Axel, the look he was giving me was priceless. It basically spelled, why-is-this-girl-so-weird?

"I'm going to get the ice cream."