Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dominik stared at her, his beast howling to get out and teach the girl respect. She moved from him, causing his beast to go wild, she moved from him, his claim, his property. She was his, she was not allowed to move from him, to leave him, to disobey him. She was his, had she forgotten? Did the animal need to remind her of her place? Of who he was, of who she was, what she was?

He hadn't been paying attention to the floor, he was busy working and catching up after the last two days in marvelous bliss with her in his bed. He had never shared a bed with a woman, he would fuck them at their place or somewhere else then leave as soon as he was done and able to move again. He didn't want to sleep in a bed with them, to leave himself vulnerable to them while he was passed out. He didn't trust them that much, well maybe Gina, but she wasn't the type to allow him to stay the night anyways so it worked out.

But Jade was different, Jade it felt natural, Jade it felt right. Jade made the nightmares of his mother and father leave him. Jade made his dreams filled with only her, or pure blackness that relaxed him. Jade made his wolf calm, content when she was wrapped in his arms, as far as the beast was concerned it was her rightful place.

The knock on the door had startled him, brought him out of the pile of paperwork that sat on his desk waiting to be sorted through and taken care of. He hit the button on the desk and continued working but when he didn't hear the door open he got up, his beast clawing inside telling him something was off. He smelled her before he saw her, the closer he got to the door, her smell making both him and the beast tense. It wasn't her sweet scent, it wasn't her alluring lust, it was something else. Something that made him want to rip the door off and get to her. When he saw her, Anya's arm wrapped firmly around her shoulders trying to keep his Kitten from falling, his whole body went on alert.

"You lied to me."

Four words. That's all it took from his sweet girl's mouth to make him see red. He had never lied to anyone, surely not her. He had avoided, changed the subject, told people directly to fuck off it was none of their business, but never lied. He had for sure never lied to her, telling her things he had never told another woman other than Gina. Telling her things he would never admit to anyone but her.

But there she stood, the same girl that only hours ago, was so smitten with him that she couldn't think without lustful need filling the air for him. There she stood, his Kitten accusing him of something, so sure of her words.

"Get in here, now." He said calmly, he could feel he was anything but, he was trying to control himself, trying to not beat her until she made sense and apologized for such an accusation.

He was livid, he was pissed off, he was hurt. Kitten, the first person in his life to ever be allowed close enough to hurt him since his parent's death, and that's exactly what she did. He wanted to smack her, he wanted to kiss her, fuck her senseless, then do it all over again until she knew she was wrong. How could his girl ever think he would lie to her?

She dared to shake her head at him, moving back from him again. It took everything in him to not growl, Anya was standing right there watching them. He closed his eyes, trying to control himself, digging his nails into his hand. She was moving from him, trying to get away from him. She couldn't leave him, she was his, only his.

"Leave!" He bellowed to Anya, he hadn't meant it to come out as a yell, she didn't deserve that, Kitten did. But he couldn't stop it, it was either that or snarl at her like a rabid beast, the yell seemed the better choice.

Anya didn't move, he could still smell her as he kept his eyes closed. What was with the women in this place defying him? He slammed his fist into the wall, he could feel it was taking everything in him to not shift. The beast wanted to teach them all their place since they so easily forgot.