Chapter Seven

Jade had tried to not get angry when he regarded her limited belongings. It wasn't like she didn't know her bag was dirty, but she didn't need her arrogant kidnapper to tell her that. It's not like washing machines were on every corner on the street or something. She did go to the coin laundry a few times a month though to wash her clothes and bag. But that could only do so much after years of grim and dirt and little chance to clean the items.

She had no clue what he was talking about, where he was taking her, but she wasn't going to be locked up inside and that was all she could think about. All she needed was for someone to help her. Surely that wouldn't be so hard to find, right?

She did say she would behave, that she would do as he said. But the chance that she would meet someone, someone on the outside that would listen, that could help her. It was a chance she could not pass up no matter what she promised him. Once she got help nothing she promised him would matter.

Sure, she was a homeless girl and she had experience with people just walking on by. But there had to be someone in the world that if someone said they were kidnapped, they would help. Wasn't there? But even as she thought the questions, she began to doubt.

She changed out of the shirt she was wearing quickly, swapping it with the black one Dominik had chosen. She risked a glance in the mirror and quickly turned away from the sight. Even after catching up on sleep and steady meals over the last few days, she still looked like nothing more than a street kid. Dominik barged into the room forcing her out of her own head, swiftly tugging on her arm and leading her to the elevator. The elevator that would not work for her but once he stepped in and pushed the button to the ground floor, worked as if pure magic was operating it. Jade huffed in annoyance as the car moved while Dominik smirked down at her.

He tugged her out of the loft, forcing her into the city and down the darkened streets. She didn't know what time it was, there wasn't a clock or anything in the loft for her to notice. The streets were deserted except for a few random people, it was dark but there was a calmness, a stillness. It let her know it was early morning, not at the peak hour of the nightlife.

She followed obediently, trying her best to memorize the street names they passed, trying to find someone on the street. He had given her no indication of what they were doing, but then again, he had made it perfectly clear every time she had asked that it wasn't her place to ask. He led her thru the streets passing darkened store after store until he finally stopped in front of one. The front windows held stiff looking mannequins with super girly, super sexy lingerie, she could see it barely in the darkened display window. Jade could only gulp at the sight.

He pulled out a sleek black phone from his back-jean pocket, scrolling through it until he found the number he desired. Jade waited, her eyes darting around the street as he kept the phone firmly against his ear.

"We are here." His husky voice said into the phone without even a greeting. He didn't say more, just listening before he disconnected the call and moved the phone back into his pocket.

Then they waited, Jade unsure what they were waiting for but waited they did. Until the door opened and an older woman walked up to them. She was a short woman, even shorter than Jade with extremely short black hair sculpted to her head and bright shining brown eyes. She was a thin older woman of about fifty wearing black form fitting pants, a form fitting black tee-shirt, and black Converse.

Jade couldn't help but remember when she was younger. She used to stay up too late and watch old movies. There was a movie with Audrey Hepburn and a scene where she was in some hip beatnik nightclub, wearing all black and dancing around the place. Funny Face, was the name of the movie. That's what the little lady reminded Jade of, that scene in all black.