Chapter Fifteen

Three weeks of torture, that's what Dominik had been living with. Neither had spoken about what had occurred in the office when he had smelled her arousal. As far as he could tell she had no clue he knew that she was lusting after him. It wasn't like he was giving away any signs that he knew.

He had kept her busy with working at the club or working out. She was gaining weight and starting to fill out. Her skin once lack luster was starting to glow and clear up from the blemishes that had been on her light skin. Her hair was shiny and healthy with the proper care and diet. All in all, she was starting to look the part.

She picked up the routine of the club easily enough without any issues. She no longer fought him on the kidnapping, trusting him to keep to his word. He never hit her, didn't mistreat her, and he didn't force her sexually. There were a few times his anger got the best of him and he had yelled at her. And after earning his trust he had stopped binding her completely at night as promised. Everything was turning out just as he had planned, everything falling into place for the next stage.

Everything that was until he realized she was lusting after him. Everything that was until her scent would hit him, randomly out of nowhere and it took everything in him to not jump her bones on the spot. Everything that was until he realized he was lusting after her as well. He was an honorable man, at least to a degree. Enough of one to not force a woman to have sex with him, he thought those kinds of men deserved a fate worse than death. Yes, he could smell her arousal but that didn't mean she wanted to have sex with him. It just meant she lusted after him. This was the logical speech he kept giving himself every time he smelt her arousal.

For three weeks he would fight with himself to not just take her, and how he wanted to take her. For three weeks, he would work himself to the bone in order to not cave. And when that didn't work, he would find release between the legs of other women. Gina didn't find the task so terrible but he was growing tired of that knowing look in her eyes, letting him know she knew he was off his game. It was no secret that he had always been good at keeping control over his emotions and his primal side. But one sniff of Jade and he was on the verge of losing it.

He had gotten to the point that even his attempt to stay away from Carrie proved to be fruitless. He had not expected her to come barging in to his office as soon as he opened the door to step out. She had been aggressive, even more so then usual and he was in no position to argue. His hormones were on overdrive. He didn't even make it back to his desk to lock the door back, sitting down on the couch and just taking her then and there. But then he smelt her.

As soon as he came back to his senses, he had pushed Carrie from his lap. He didn't feel guilty for screwing Carrie, it wasn't like it was the first time. But something inside of him didn't like the idea that Jade had been so close while he was in the act with another woman. The minute he had smelled her fresh clean scent, he instantly had gotten turned off to Carrie. Oh, he was still in the mood but it wasn't for Carrie, but Jade.

Carrie hadn't been too happy about the abrupt ending but he could care less about that, as he ushered her out of his office and locked up. The walk back to the loft had been anything but relaxing. Usually their walks back to the loft after work were relaxing and they seemed to enjoy each other. Not this time.

When they got back to the loft he had watched her move around the kitchen. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her as he tried to figure out what was going through her mind. She didn't bring up being there and seeing him with Carrie, she didn't even seem upset by it. She seemed nervous or uneasy if anything but nothing more. He honestly was thrown by the fact. But as soon as she was done eating and dishes loaded in the dishwasher, she had gone to her room. He needed a workout and as soon as he was sure she was out of the shower and dressed he had told her he was leaving.