Chapter Twenty-Two

Jade had been surprised to see Dominik come to the loft for her, surprised to have him be so tender and in control. It had felt like months since she had last seen him in control again, but it was only days. Terrible days for her. But he had held her, kissed her temple, talked to her, soothed her, and for the first time in years, she had cried and felt important to someone. Cared for.

She should have been scared and ran, found joy in the fact she had escaped by being allowed to live in the loft with Jo and Loco. But instead she only wanted to run back to Dominik, her kidnapper. She couldn't keep herself from wanting to run to his office throughout the night just to be in the same space as him. When they had gone into the office she had been nervous, not because of him but her own thoughts, her own insane need to just be near him.

She felt his eyes on her as she cleaned behind the bar, felt him watching her and it made her skin sweaty, nervous. How she wanted to cross the room to him, to just be in his arms again. But it was not right and everything about them was still confusing. But one thing was clear, whatever they were doing, he couldn't keep away from her anymore then she wanted to keep away from him.

"That girl." Anya said pulling Jade from her thoughts as she wiped down a vodka bottle.

Jade looked up at her supervisor, following the gaze of the other woman to see Dominik and Carrie on the floor. Dominik had a look about him, one she had seen more than once in the last few days. One that even now still made her scared, he was on the edge again. She swallowed.

"She never leaves him alone, everyone in the club knows about him and most of the girls enjoy it. The ones who don't stay clear, and he never pushes anyone. But that girl, she is always chasing after him and making herself look pathetic in the process." Anya rambled, shaking her head as she looked at Carrie and Dominik with disgust. Jade couldn't focus on that as she watched Dominik.

She was scared he would change, with so many eyes on him. For there were eyes on them, everyone was looking as Dominik pulled his arm from Carrie and began to yell at her, in a voice Jade knew well. A voice that sent shivers down her spine in pure fear.

"Oh shit, I have never heard the boss yell before." Anya said, swallowing. Jade didn't blame her, it was terrifying to see that side of the usually controlled Dominik. Jade fought back the urge to tell Anya, she was lucky to never have seen it.

Jade could feel the moment when he noticed her. Her whole body stiffening up but at the same time heating with a flush only he caused. Her breath hitched as she caught his eye, she knew he saw her looking just as he was looking at her. She swallowed, watching him cross the room leaving Loco and a glaring Carrie where they were. She didn't pick up on the eyes of others, following Dominik as he crossed the room to the bar. When he stopped at the door, beckoning her to him she couldn't not obey, her body moving before her mind could even think to, almost running into his arms. But he didn't open his arms to her, instead taking hers in his one large hand and steering her to the back.

Nerves hit her again. She was nervous as so many thoughts raced through her. How his hand felt touching her, how she wanted to touch him, how scary he looked with his eyes a dark green and a scowl on his face yet how strong he seemed as well. Oh, yes, she was nervous but not to be alone with him, but what she would try to do once they were.

"Dominik!" The voice screamed down the hall, making them stop as Dominik flinched from the high-pitched noise. Jade didn't know what Dominik saw in Carrie but she was sure in that moment it wasn't her voice.

They both turned back to look at Carrie, his hand still on her arm. Jade had seen many looks on Dominik, his face distorting in rage, anger, want, amusement, annoyance, and just not caring. But it was the first time she had ever seen him with a look of pure malice, a look of pure desire to do bodily harm to the woman standing before them. But as Jade looked to Carrie she saw a similar look in her eyes, directed at her.