Chapter Twelve

"So, I take it, she is more than an employee." Jade said, breaking the staring contest they had been in for the last few minutes. Neither had said anything, just stared at the other.

Dominik knew that Jade had no clue of what his body was going through in that time. He knew she had no clue he could smell what hers was going through. In all truth, it took him by surprise that his body had reacted at all, that the images had come so easily into his mind. He had found the girl attractive in her own ways. There was beauty in all things in life if one took the time to look for it. And she was indeed beautiful. But he had never felt that need to be carnal with her until the lie slipped from his lips.

The pout earlier playing over and over in his mind as he thought of all the ways to remove it, all the ways to indulge in it, and all the ways her lips could be put to better use. It had shocked him and as much as the shock overtook his body and mind, it didn't suppress the pure carnal lust that played in his blood. But what did shock him even though on some level it shouldn't was her lust.

Dominik was not an egotistical man by any definition or degree of the word. But he was a realist. Humans were naturally attracted to his kind because of their natural physical self. It was the perks of being a shifter, that their bodies were naturally healthier without even needing to try very hard. Their bodies burned off the calories in mere hours that a human would have to run for two miles to burn off. No, it was never a shock to Dominik that someone found him attractive. But it was a shock that Jade did.

He had kidnapped the girl and he had smelt more than once her fear in him. He knew she feared him, it was what he wanted. He wanted her scared of him, scared of what he could do to her. It was that fear that was going to make her stay and his kindness and honesty that would keep her loyal. So, he hoped at least. But he never thought for a second she would feel lust.

Lust and attraction were so different in so many ways. One could feel attraction without lust, and lust without attraction. So, the smell of her lustful need hitting him took him by utter surprise. She hadn't even given off that smell before, not in moments of fear like Carrie did. Not when he had walked around her in just a pair of pants. Never in their time had there been lust between them, but when the lie slipped from his lips it hit them both. The images coming to life and playing on their bodies. It took everything in him to not act on his carnal desire. To not take her on that couch just as his words had implied.

"She is an employee, who I had happened to indulge in some pleasure with." He told her honestly, going around to his desk chair and pulling the bag of treats to him.

He needed the sugar, the distraction. He pulled out the brownie, its caramel and pecan goodness begging him to eat it. Who was he to deny when it was just begging him to? He bit into the sweet and moaned. The instant the sound escaped his lips, he looked to Jade who was now crossing her legs demurely and biting her bottom lip. He closed his eyes and ignored the smell in the air, the one that had just went up a notice.

Honorable. I am honorable.

"Pleasure?" Jade coughed out the word, her eyes casting around the room at anywhere but him. Part of him was glad it wasn't just him who was feeling this lust, the other part hated it. If it had been just him he could have ignored it easier, but her smell was so inviting. He was having a very hard time ignoring it.

"I fucked her." He told her bluntly and watched as her eyes went to her lap, a slight sign of shyness at his bluntness. He was a blunt man most of the time, direct and to the point. Why waste words?

"Is she your girlfriend?" Jade asked, going back to picking at her own treat.

"No, I don't have girlfriends. At least not in the traditional monogamous commitment sense of the word. I have lovers, bed buddies, play things." At least he was honest.