Chapter Eighteen

Jade raced into Dominik's room, looking for his cell phone. She was sure that Loco's number was in there. The tortured howl filled the loft, long howls of nothing but pain and anger. She had been sure that her saying those words would be what he wanted to hear. He had asked her after all. It was what she was sure he wanted from her, and she wanted to give it to him.

She didn't care that she had never been that type of girl, she had never been one to throw herself at a man. Hell, she had never been the one to even want a man. But she wanted Dominik Kinkaid, she wanted him to know how much, to what lengths her want for him went.

She didn't understand it, where it had sprung up from, when it had awoken. Sure, there was that night in his office where she saw him in a different light, red tinged with lust light, but there had to have been something there before. Something to take root inside of her subconscious and slowly form into that lustful want that had made her nights sweet with hot dreams.

She wanted the man, his rough hands that had brought her fear yet had also brought her hot flames on her body. The man whose eyes had made her shake with its intensity but also pool her panties with desire. The man whose mere presence in a room made her cower but also made her look at him like he was the only thing that existed. She had wanted the man before she ever knew he was a beast, and knowing he was hadn't made the lust that pooled in her belly die.

That was before he said he could kill her if she didn't lock him in her room. It had been like an ice bath, all her wants and lust for the man gone. She had obeyed without question and inputted the simple code. She found the phone on his nightstand, sleek and black. She picked it up and of course the man would have it locked with a passcode.

She inputted the same code as the door, mentally trying to not laugh when it was the same one. She found the number quickly and pressed send.

"Yo!" The deep voice of Loco reaching her ears, expecting Dominik.

"Loco!" She screamed into the phone, so happy to hear a voice on the other end.

"Jade?" The voice was confused, as he should have been, hell his boss was a wolf for Pete's sake.

"You have to help me! He is going to kill me!" She was trying to think what to say. She wasn't safe she knew that and she had to get away from him. But would anyone believe her unless they saw it for themselves?

"What? Where is he?" Loco didn't ask anything more and he didn't seem shocked by that announcement, more worried. It should have set something off in her but it didn't, already too many other emotions claiming her.

"In the loft, in my room, he told me to lock him in then call you. Loco, he isn't normal, he is... a monster."

She had just got done convincing herself he wasn't. But now she wasn't sure anymore. He was going to kill her. All because she had wanted to be in his bed. It's what she gets for letting her hormones think for her. She had sworn all her life to never be like the men from her life, and the one time she didn't listen she was put in danger.

"Shit! I will be right up." Then the phone was dead.

Jade paced the room and waited, the howls still filling the loft though not as often now. Then she heard the elevator, opening onto the loft, she frowned and walked out. Surely it wasn't Loco, it hadn't even been three minutes yet. The fact the elevator worked and opened on the floor missed for the moment. But she was wrong as he walked around the corner and looked around the loft frantically.

"You okay?" He asked her as he closed the space quickly.

He was large and intimidating but to Jade he had always been kind. The girls all called him a teddy bear, large and scary but nothing but soft goo on the inside. But there was no goo today, his face was nothing but hard lines and his body stiff and erect. He was ready for action.