Part 52

"Sans will you watch over these two while I go away for a little while?" Gaster asks. Sans nods his head. "Thank you. I'll be right back!"

A rip in the air opens up and Gaster walks through it. You don't see what's on the other side. The rip closes. You are left here in this endless place with two skeletons.

~~~~~~

"So that's it huh? All this fuss over some bone marrow? And where the heck are we?" you say. To be honest you are a bit pissed. You're not entirely sure why. It might be because Sans and Alphys wouldn't tell you who Gaster was. It could also be that when you DID find out who Gaster was you were teleported to who knows where. And then a fight almost broke out. And on top of it all, this whole thing was about getting some bone marrow from Papyrus. So why where you even needed in the first place, huh? Were you like some sort of diversion?

"We're in the Void" Sans answers plainly, interrupting your thoughts.

"Sans, can we go home now?" Papyrus asks.

"Not yet Papy" Sans tells him, still stroking his back.

"How long will Gaster be gone?" You ask.

"Well Time doesn't really matter here. And since Gaster is a part of Time himself . . . Gaster shouldn't be gone for too long from our perspective" Sans tells you.

"And from his perspective?" You question.

"To Gaster, it may be years before he comes back . . ." Sans says simply.

"Y-years?" Papyrus and you repeat at the same time.

"Don't worry guys. It won't be that long for us. Minutes really" Sans says.

You hum, worried. Papyrus leans into Sans. Sans pulls you in and you lean on him too. So now you wait.

~Gaster's POV~

Ever since I fell into the Core, Time has been pointless to me. But now Time is everything. No matter what happens I still have to go back. No matter how long it takes, I still have to go back to the Void. NO MATTER HOW MUCH I HATE IT. Through all of my fits and rage. Failure after failure. I have imbedded it into my mind that I have to keep trying.

My experiments prove over and over again that I have underestimated my plan. I need more than just DNA . . . I need a Soul.

I am sitting down in my old rolling chair, thinking. The lab is almost completely destroyed because of how many tantrums I've had. I think it's time I go back.