Part 30

"But why are you all scratched up? You were fine at the park" you ask. Sans goes quiet.

"H-he had a little f-freak out fest and scratched h-himself up . . ." Alphys explains with a sigh.

~~~~

(Back to the normal story from part 27)

"Oh my goodness!" Toriel exclaims covering her mouth. Sans blushes slightly. You stare at Sans.

"C-can, can we change the subject?" Sans mumbles.

"Why don't you try the pie?" Papyrus offers. Sans shakes his head.

"Why not?" Toriel asks. Sans blushes more.

"I . . . I can't see properly . . ." Sans says. Toriel tilts her head, not understanding what he means.

"H-he has depth perception p-problems. He can't see p-properly down his m-muzzle" Alphys explains. Toriel nods. ". . . And he h-hasn't eaten in two d-days." Alphys adds.

"Alphys!" Sans whines.

"Oh. I'm sorry Sans . . . how can we help?" Toriel asks. Sans shrugs.

"I'm worried I'll make a mess . . ." Sans admits. Toriel hums, thinking.

"Well, why don't we try something simple like ketchup and a straw?" Toriel offers. Sans seems to perk up at the idea.

"Let me get it for you!" Papyrus says. He grabs a bottle of ketchup and a straw and sets it up for Sans. "Here you go brother!"

Sans blushes a deep shade of blue. He grabs the bottle just fine, but can't find the straw to his mouth. You try not to giggle as Sans tries multiple times to bite the straw.

"Hey! I see you laughing!" Sans yells at you.

"Sorry" you apologize.

Sans finally manages to get the straw and drinks the whole bottle of ketchup. Everyone else has dug into their pie, but you can't stop staring at Sans.

"You know kiddo, it's not nice to stare" Sans finally says.

"Oh. Sorry" You apologize again and eat some pie.

Sans fiddles with the straw and ketchup bottle. He pokes at the pie and decides to try and eat some. Sans ends up wearing some of it, but after a few tries Sans finally gets the hang of his new head. You notice his tail wagging like a happy dog.