Part 21

"Yeah, I'm y/n. Sans is . . . asleep right now" you tell Papyrus.

"Worry not human, I will be there soon! Alphys gave me your location! You are lucky I happen to be in town!" Papyrus says "goodbye human!"

"Okay, goodbye" you say and hang up. You continue to rub Sans's back. You mostly do it to comfort yourself, but Sans also seems to like it.

~~~~

It isn't long until you hear someone calling for Sans behind you. You turn around to find a very tall skeleton with a red cape running towards you. He comes to a skidding halt next to you and falls to his knees.

"Hello human! It is I the great Papyrus! I have come to help my brother, Sans" Papyrus exclaims holding out a red gloved hand.

"y/n. I've been keeping your brother company" You say, shaking Papyrus's hand.

"Thank you human!" Papyrus says "I will take Sans home until Alphys comes."

"Is there anything else I can do? How far away do you live?" you ask. You wanted to make sure Sans gets home safely. You had no idea how he could go back to the Underground. You and Papyrus stand up.

"No thank you, human. Sans and I live two blocks down that way" Papyrus tells you pointing in the direction he came from "why do you ask?"

"Oh. I just wanted to know how hard it was going to be to get him home" you say.

"Nothing the great Papyrus can't handle!" Papyrus says holding his head up and pointing to himself.

You smile and say "Okay, well, tell me when he's better. I should probably head back home."

"Human, before you go . . . I would like to give you something" Papyrus says. He holds out two small metal boxes each with a tube going down the middle that is filled with a dark blue liquid. You recognize them as a stabilizer like the one Sans has on his arm.

Papyrus gives both of them to you. You look at them, puzzled. "If you are going to be hanging out with my brother . . . and he . . . changes again, I want you to be prepared. Alphys wanted me to give them to you. She says that he might need help next time . . ."

"N-next time? Do you mean it will happen again? I thought he was better. . ." you say worried. Papyrus goes silent. You clear your throat and then say "thank you."

"Of course. Goodbye human" Papyrus says. You wave goodbye and walk back home. You keep the stabilizers in your hands. You have no idea how they work.