Part 23

You cover your mouth with your hands

You cover your mouth with your hands. You've seen Sans transform into his full Gaster Blaster from. You've almost died from him. And yet, something about his torn "ketchup" splattered clothing scared you. But something about the sad look in his eyes made you want to be there for him. To hug him . . .

~~~~

Sans walks over to you, but keeps a good distance away. You notice his jacket has scratches along the arms and there are scratches all over his skull. You can't stop staring at Sans. What happened between the park and now?! Is this why Sans wanted to see you? So he could show you how terrible he looks?

"Hey, y/n calm down" Sans says as you tear up. Sans takes a step towards you and you stiffen up.

"W-what h-happened?" you mumble, mostly to yourself. Sans looks down, tucking in his tail. You can tell he's ashamed.

"I'msorryforthis,y/n" Sans rapidly says before rushing over to you and wrapping his arms around you. You yelp in surprise, but don't struggle away. Sans hugs tightly, but you can still breathe. You feel his cold bone tail wrap around your leg. Sans takes a deep breath as you feel something wet fall on your shoulder. A tear. Sans is crying . . .

You wrap your arms around Sans, rubbing his back with one hand. You can feel his ribs move with every uneven breath Sans takes. More tears fall on your shoulders. You close your eyes. Sans loosens his grip a little bit and nuzzles the side of your head. His breath starts to smooth out. He's stopped crying.

Sans moves his hands to grab both of your shoulders. You let go of him, letting your arms fall to your sides. It felt like he hugged you for eternity. It was the best eternity, even though it actually only lasted about thirty seconds. You open your eyes and look at Sans. There is a light blue glowing heart floating over his chest. Sans gently lays his muzzle on top of your head. You can't stop staring at the cartoonish shaped heart.

Sans lets go of you and moves his head away. He puts his hands around the heart, blushing. His tail is still wrapped around your leg. You twitch your leg and Sans jerks, surprised that his tail is still around your leg. He quickly unwraps his tail. You laugh at his reaction.