Part 27

"What happened to you?! Is that blood? Why are there scratches on your skull?" Toriel asks. You can tell she's trying not to freak out too badly.

"Toriel, come here . . ." Sans says with his arms wide. Toriel walks over, tears falling, and hugs Sans. Sans whispers something to Toriel as he wraps his tail around her leg.

~~~~

"But how did this happen?" Toriel asks letting go of Sans.

"I've always had this ability. It just never bothered me until now" Sans explains as he unwraps his tail.

"Then why didn't I know about it?" Toriel asks.

". . . I can't really control it . . . That's why I asked you for the papers. Alphys is helping me out" Sans explains. Toriel nods her head. She has stopped crying. You can tell that Toriel wants to say more, that she's still trying to understand everything.

"D-do you want t-to sit down and t-talk?" Alphys asks Toriel. Toriel nods. You follow the monsters into the kitchen. Toriel sits next to you and across from Sans. Alphys sits between you and Sans. There is a spot for Papyrus next to Sans and Toriel, but he's cutting pie for everyone.

Sans won't make eye contact with Toriel. Alphys clears her throat and nudges Sans. "What w-would you like t-to know Toriel?" Alphys asks.

"I-I don't even know where to begin . . ." Toriel says.

"S-sans?" Alphys nudges him again.

"Fine . . . I can change into a Gaster Blaster beast. Papyrus can't do it" Sans starts. He still won't make eye contact. "It usually doesn't bother me, but ever since the barrier broke it has slowly been getting worse. Alphys has been trying to help me control it" Sans continues ". . . The problem right now is . . . I-I'm stuck in this middle form. . ." Sans finishes.

"How did you get stuck?" Toriel asks. Papyrus hands out slices of pie for everyone and sits down. Sans pushes his slice aside.

"Heh, long story short . . . I passed out like this and couldn't change back . . ." Sans says, blushing.

"But why are you all scratched up? You were fine at the park" you ask. Sans goes quiet.

"H-he had a little f-freak out fest and scratched h-himself up . . ." Alphys explains with a sigh.

(Next part will have the flash back. Skip to part 30 if you want to continue the normal story)