Part 38

"Sans is d-different around you . . . I t-think the only way to s-save him from the G-Gaster Blasters is if y-you are there to keep him c-calm" Alphys explains.

"Okay, but how do I even get back to the lab? Isn't it in the Underground?" you ask.

"Papyrus can t-take you . . ." Alphys says nervously.

~~~~

The next day you go over to Sans and Papyrus's house. Papyrus is very hesitant about using his powers to take you to the Underground. You grab his hand and look up at him. He sighs and smiles at you. Everything starts to turn reddish-orange then black.

~~~*~~~

You stumble as you are teleported into the lab. Papyrus catches you before you fall. Papyrus was not as good at teleporting as Sans was. You are a little dizzy. When you teleported with Sans you were not dizzy. You made a note to yourself not to teleport with Papyrus again.

"Are you alright, human?" Papyrus asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine" you say carefully standing up. You spot Alphys coming out of one of the corridors to greet you.

"T-thank goodness you're here! S-sans has been . . . well grumpy this m-morning" Alphys says "Thank you Papyrus for bringing y/n."

"You're welcome, Alphys!" Papyrus chirps.

"So where is Sans?" you ask Alphys.

"T-this way" Alphys tells you, waving at you to follow.

You all go down the main hall to a corridor in the far back. This corridor is well lit and has not been destroyed by Sans yet. You reach a door too small for Sans to get through in his Gaster Blaster form. Thuds and scratching can be heard from the other side.

You take a deep breath as Alphys types in the entrance code. All the noises from the other side of the door stop as it opens. You enter the room first with Papyrus close behind and Alphys a little further back. The room is dim with blast marks and scratches everywhere. In the back of the room there is a large broken machine. Next to the machine you see one blue flame. You take a few steps and realize that Sans is curled up in the back left corner staring directly at you. He is in his Gaster Blaster form and gives a low growl.

"Come on Sans . . ." you whisper, motioning for Sans to come out of his hiding spot. Sans only backs further away into the corner shaking his head. You give him a shy smile. The blue flame goes away as Sans tilts his head.