Part 17

(Drawing by Toony28)

You immediately ask him why he hasn't been responding. He texts you another pun. You think about how to respond and your phone beeps. It's Sans again and he's wondering if you want to hang out tomorrow. Of course you would, but when and where you ask him. Of course . . . in the park at lunch time.

~~~~

You had lunch at home and are now at the park, waiting for Sans. You look down and check the time on your phone. When you look up you spot Sans coming towards you, smiling.

"Heya y/n!" Sans says with a wave.

"Hey Sans" you say, waving back "are you finally going to tell me why you didn't talk to me for a week?"

Sans smiles and says "I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down."

"Very funny" you say sarcastically with a smile "seriously though. What was going on?"

"I was with my brother, Papyrus" Sans tells you.

"Okay" you respond.

"Also, Alphys wanted me to give you some of the test results" Sans says. You nod your head with a hum, eager to hear what it is. "Alphys said the formula will need some tweaking, but can control the Gaster Blaster now . . . and if you don't mind I would like to show you something . . ." Sans says, mumbling at the end.

"Sure, but what is it?" you ask a little concerned.

"Just . . . watch me" Sans says. So you watch him, not quite sure where to look. A few seconds pass . . . then you hear bones start to crack. Your eyes get wide as Sans starts to get taller, his legs becoming slightly digitigrade. Sans's face twists a little in pain. His hands gain claws and he grows fangs in his mouth. Then it stops. Sans stands there.

"So? What do you think? I can control my growth into a Gaster Blaster" Sans explains. You stare, speechless. He went from having no control to having complete control . . . it didn't make sense to you. You start to circle Sans and he laughs. "Like what you see?" he teases.

"What is it like?" you finally ask.

Sans shrugs "It used to be painful . . . still is, but at least I know what's happening to me now." Sans sounded so chill about the whole thing. He was so shy when you first met him . . .

Something is wrong and you know it. "I don't understand . . ." you say "how could you all of a sudden gain this control?"

"Heh, it's not sudden. Alphys has been working with me for a long time" Sans says.

"Then how did you get this way?" you ask. As soon as you ask Sans goes silent. He adjusts his jacket. Bones start cracking as Sans turns back to his normal self.

"I don't remember . . ." Sans eventually says, startling you. His voice was low and dark.