Listen

After literally kicking Jake out of the loft and threatening to kill him if he ever steps foot near me again, I decided it was best not to tell Stiles what happened in order to keep him from stressing out over things like he normally does.

"Hey how'd the lead go?" Stiles ask the second he picks up the phone.

"Oh uh it turned out to be a dead end, I really thought I had something." I lie.

"It's ok, you want me to come over and help?" He offers.

"Actually I was wondering if maybe I could come over there, I just feel safer there." I admit tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Yea of course!" Stiles says excitedly. "I'll be there in 10 to get you."

"Alright see you then." I smile walking towards my closet to pack a bag.
************
"You gonna tell me what's wrong?" Stiles whispers kissing my head as we lay on his bed watching a movie.

I raise my eyebrow looking up at him. "What do you mean? Why would you think something's wrong."

"I know everything about you." He chuckles softly. "And you have that look."

"What look?" I question looking into his brown eyes.

He smiles softly "That look when you have something you wanna tell me but you can't."

"I don't have that look, and if I did you shouldn't know it." I smile softly hitting his chest.

Stiles chest rises and falls in a soft laughter but soon comes to stop. "No really though baby, you know I'm always here to listen." He says rubbing my arms.

A million thoughts begin running through my mind. If I tell Stiles he's going to go crazy, he'll never leave my side, not that I'd care. But if I tell Stiles he'll tell Scott who will more than likely tell Derek if he ever comes back then I'll be on like lockdown. But if I don't tell Stiles then it's going to eat me live, or worse Stiles is going to annoy me to death.

"Ok you have to promise not to get mad." I say taking a deep breath.

"I won't I promise." He says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Well so errr I may not have been following a lead earlier." I grimace not looking into his eyes. "I went home and Jake was there waiting-" I go to continue but his voice cuts in.

"Why didn't you call me or Scott." He ask his voice rise and octave.

"Hey you said you weren't going to get mad." I say sitting up so I was cross legged on the bed.

Stiles follows my movement sitting up and leaning against his headboard. "Alright, alright I'm all ears. I'm sorry."

I nod and take another deep breath. "Anyways so he told me that he is apart of the alpha pack and-"

"I knew it! I told you he was evil!" Stiles yells pointing toward me.

"Stiles please! You wanted to know so let me tell you." I being loud but end softly.

Stiles bows his head and nods. "Ok I'm sorry continue." I sat there for a minute not saying anything just staring down at my hands. "Hey baby look you know you can tell." He says moving closer and wrapping his arms around me.

"He threaten everybody. You, Lydia, Allison, everyone. He said if I don't joint you guys won't see it coming." I whisper.

"Hey look at me." He says taking my face in my hands. "You don't have to worry about us. They won't touch us."

It finally all hit me. When I was standing in front of Jake I had to put on my strong face, I had to ignore the pain in my chest, the fear that  something might happen to the people closest to me. "But what if they do? What if they hurt someone? Stiles what if they hurt you?"

"No one is going to hurt anyone okay? As long was we all stay together we'll be alright. I promise you that." He whispers pull me in tight.

"Don't promise things you don't know." I mutter letting my head fall on his shoulder.
**********
"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Miss Blake teaches as she walked around the class room. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." She comments glancing at Lydia's notebook.

Lydia rolls her eyes never looking up from what ever she's doing. "You and every guy I've ever dated."

Miss Blake looks startled but recovers quickly. "Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess?" Stiles questions.

"That's right Stiles." Miss Blake smiles. "Do you play?"

"Uh no, my dad does." He responds.

Miss Blake nods. "Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?" She continues.
********
"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk." Scott says with a nod showing his confidence.

"Why do you wanna do that?" I question gripping the straps on my backpack.

"The druids are emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Scott hypothesizes.

Stiles shakes his head rubbing his forehead. "Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like "what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Actually makes sense to me. Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."

"What's that?" Scott questions.

"Going through Ethan. Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?" Stiles explains.

An idea pops in my head and I smile. "I think I've got a solution to that." I smile cutting my eyes over towards Lydia.