Try again

Following Allison's shriek to find Scott standing there covered in gasoline and holding a flare. "There's no hope." He whimpers

"What do you mean, Scott? There's always hope." Allison says, you can hear a clear quiver in her voice.

"Not for me. Not for Derek." Scott shakes.

This seems like my area. "Derek wasn't your fault Scott. You know that."

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed." A tear slips down Scott's face.

Stiles steps forward taking control of the situation much like he did with me. "Scott, listen to me, okay? This isn't you, all right? This is someone inside your head telling you to do this. Okay? Now..."

"What if it isn't?" Scott buts in. "What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else? It all started that night, the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was before that? You and me, we were... we were... we were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all."

"Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone, you're... Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother. All right, so... so if you're gonna do this, then... I think you're just gonna have to take me with you. All right?" Stiles says stepping into the gasoline with Scott. Stiles takes the flare in Scotts hand and chunks it to the side before wrapping his best friend in a hug.

I was to busy watching the bromance moment unfold in front of me to see the flare rolling back towards the pool of gasoline. "No!" Lydia shrieks shoving Scott and Stiles out of the way before we are all hitting the ground in cover from the explosion.

"Is everyone ok?" I groan sitting up after I collected myself.

Everyone grumbles a yea as we all look between each other. We're all here, all safe and all alive. It was then that I realized one person still wasn't here. "Has anybody seen Jake lately?"

"I haven't seen him since we got here." Allison comments. "When was the last time you saw him?"

"Before I went off the deep end." I say thinking back. "Oh my god he was acting strange too." I exclaim jumping up to run to Jake's room.

Reaching his room I bang on the door as loud as possible until Chandler, Jake's roommate, answers the door. "Hey, yea where's Jake." I rush.

"He's in the bathroom. Wh-" He's cut off by me pushing my way in and going over to the bathroom door.

"Jake! Jake open up." I yell banging on the door.

Seconds later the door opens revealing Jake standing there with a towel around his waist. "Uh you ok?" He ask eyeing me.

My jaw drops. "Am I- me... you... what!" I stutter in utter confusion. "I don't get it, we all went out of our minds how?" I rush, my mind spinning.

"Devin what are you talking about? You're worrying me." He questions placing a hand on my shoulder.

All my radars are going off in my head suddenly. Something is off, I can feel it but I just don't specifically know what it is. "Have you had any suicidal thoughts?" I fire.

Jake's eyes widen as he looks at Chandler who is standing there in shock. "Hey Chandler can you give us a moment." Jake ask, Chandler nods before walking out and shitting the door. "Devin what the hell!" He exclaims.

"Answer the question Jake!" I yell.

"No I haven't ok! After our argument earlier I came back in here and locked myself in here trying not to interact with anyone." He explains.

"So you weren't feeling weird earlier when we argued?" I question, no longer yelling.

Jake shakes his head. "No I meant everything. I really don't think they trust you Devin."

"Why?" I snap looking up. "You haven't even been here that long how could you know if they trust me?"

"Come on Dev it's obvious." He sighs.

Looking down at the ground I take a deep breath before looking up at him. "I don't think this is going to work Jake."

"What why?" He ask wide eyed.

"If you can't trust my friends to trust me, then I can't trust you. I don't want this to ruin us though, you were my best friend when I was little. I confided in you the things I couldn't talk to Stiles and Scott about. So please don't leave my life again over this, I just, I don't think we are going to work out... you know together." I say as gently as possible.

Jake shakes his head. "No that's not why you're doing this. You're doing this because you still have feelings for Stilinski." I could see the anger building in Jake. "It's unbelievable Devin! He cheated on you, he doesn't care like you think he does! God this has always been you're problem, you're to quick to forgive people of doing you wrong. You think you can change people but sometimes you can't." He yells.

"Really because I got into this with you thinking I can change you and your bad boy ways! Maybe your right, maybe I can't change everyone but I now know when to give up, and Jake I'm giving up on you." I finish by walking out his door and slamming it.

I walk down the steps to find Stiles walking out of his room with blankets and pillows in his hands. "Hey! Woah what's wrong you look pissed?" He says as I get closer.

"I called it off with Jake." I state reaching him.

"What? Why?" Even though he tried to sound concerned you could see the excitement in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter." I shrug. "Hey can we talk." I ask pointing back into the room.

"Yea, yea sure!" He spastically tries to get the key out and unlock the door letting me in. "So uh what did you want to talk about?" He stutters throwing the blankets down.

I take a deep breath looking down at my hands. "I want to try again Stiles." I breath.

"W-what?" He stutters looking at me with wide eyes.

"I want us, but we're going to have to take it slow. You're going to have to earn my trust back, and I don't know how long that will take but I know I want to try." I explain slowly the whole time I'm talking Stiles smile is growing bigger.

"Absolutely! Of course, I'll do anything you want from me!" Stiles exclaims stepping close to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You don't understand how much I've missed holding you in my arms." He breaths bringing his face close to mine.

"Probably as much as I've missed being in them." I whisper closing the gap.