A girl

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us... hide and heal." I explain to Stiles as we both lay curled up in my bed at the loft. Since the day of the incident I've been staying at the loft. The night it happened Derek up and left Cora and I in the middle of the night, so now here I am trying to explain the possibilities of why.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles as rubbing circles on the side of my arm with his thumb.

"Why do you care Stiles?" I ask softly sitting up. "It's not like you and Derek even liked one another."

"Why do I care?" Stiles repeats sitting up as well. "Let's see... because over the last few weeks, my best friend's and girlfriend both tried to kill themselves, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed,Boyd was killed by alphas, and most importantly it's hurting you." Stiles says taking my face in his hands. "Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour." He says making me smile softly before coming back to the reality of what we are talking about.

"Ok but you think Derek can do anything about that?" I ask.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it yea." He sighs dropping his hands.

"I don't know." I breath. "You know he use to not be like this, it's like he's changed." I say moving back to lay my head on Stiles chest again.

"What was he like?" Stiles ask looking down into my eyes.

"A lot like Scott, actually.A lot like most teenagers... unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers." I chuckle thinking back on my childhood. "He was actually an amazing older brother, he'd play dolls with me, teach me games, entertain me when the pack was out, he was amazing."

"So what happened? What changed him?" Stiles ask pulling me closer.

"Well." I shrug. "The same thing that changes a lot of young men... A girl."

Stiles sits up at this pulling me with him. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart?That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles exclaims.

"Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha had blue eyes?" Peters voice burst through the room making my jump and glare at him. "Sorry I overheard your conversation and couldn't stand myself not to impose." He grins.

"Of course you couldn't." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Anyways do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter ask Stiles.

"I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing." Stiles shrugs.

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes." Peter says before diving into the love story that was Paige and Derek.

Stiles sat there intently listening, hanging onto every word Peter told him. When Peter was about half way through Stiles dove into his questions. "Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?" Stiles fires at Peter.

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think." Peter answers.

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague. Babe how old are you?" He ask turning to me.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "You know how old I am."

"Humor me." Stiles waves his hands towards Peter.

"Well I'm 16."

"See." Stiles points to me. "That's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well 16 in human years." I smirk just trying to throw him off.