Save them both

"I really don't think we should be doing this." I whisper as Stiles and I creep through the hospital. 

"Trust me babe we're fine. You just stand guard and I'll see what I can find." Stiles whispers as we get closer to the room.

"Devin? Stiles?" A voice that I know to well calls out.

Spinning around a plant a smile on my face. "Steve hey! What are you doing back?" I question hugging him. 

"Well one of my old patiences needed another surgery so I figured instead of making them come all the way to Washington I'd just come down here, besides it gives me a chance to see you again." He explains. While he's talking I motion for Stiles to make a move into Danny's room.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming down?" I ask placing my hands on my hips.

"I figured I'd just give you a call after the surgery." He shrugs.

I nod in understanding. "Well why don't you call when you have some free time and we can meet up. How long are you here for?"

"Two or so weeks, I've got to stay and check on their post op and all." He says.

I nod smiling. "Alright well give me a call and we'll go to dinner or something."

Steve smiles and nods. "Alright I'll see you there." He turns to walk away but two steps in his head snaps back around as he eyes me. "What are you and Stiles doing here anyways?"

"Oh you know my friend Danny? Yea he's down the hall in room 312 we're just checking on him." I cover quickly, I mean it's not all a lie.

"Oh alright well I'll call you later." He says before walking off.

Quickly I turn and run down the hall to Danny's room and slide in. "I don't know that, Danny, okay? It's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Shut up and go back to sleep." Stiles hisses at Danny. Hearing the door close Stiles looks up to see me standing there confused. "What I had to have some sort of explanation." He shrugs.

I shake my head walking over the where he crouches on the ground looking at a piece of paper. "What is this?" I question laying my chin on his shoulder.

"I not positive but Danny boy, you might have actually found something." Stiles smiles down at the papers.

*************

"Deaton's got to be at one of the six locations, but they're all over town.I don't know how we can get to all of them fast enough." Scott says through the phone worry clear in his voice.

"Well, we might not have to." Stiles responds as I hold the phone for him. "Danny was doing a project on something for Mr. Harris's physics class, and I think it actually means something."

"What project?" Scott questions.

"Something on telluric currents." I answer looking down at the papers we had stolen.

"Did you say currents?" Scott asks.

"Yea." Stiles breathes giving me a side glance.

*****************

"Okay, so, what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora ask with her usual mournful tone. I love my sister and all but I swear she's worse than Derek when it comes to the whole positivity thing.

"Because it's not just homework, okay?" Stiles sighs pulling out the papers. "It's a project on geomagnetic fields."

"Think of it like a magnet under Beacon Hills." I say thinking of the best comparison.

"Right! Now look get this they flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?" Stiles further explains.

I nod and reach out. "That's not all, look at this note from Harris on Danny's proposal."

"I strongly advise you to choose another subject. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class." Lydia reads the chicken scratch that is Harris' handwriting.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice." Scott finally begins piecing it all together. "He knew something."

Stiles nods excitedly at this. "Now check this out, Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one too." With that I tugged out the map and rolled it onto the table for all to see. "Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about beacon hills is that it actually is a beacon. You wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."

"Guys, look, they match." Scott points out laying Chris' map over Danny's. "All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found." Scott points.

"Look, that's right on the telluric current." Lydia points out one of the spots.

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between." Scott guesses.

"Here let me see something." I say pushing my way to the front of the map. "Okay, you said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Got to be somewhere in between, right?" I ask tracing my fingers across a current.

"Stop." Cora says grabbing my hand. "He's in the vault. He's in the same vault."

With that we all begin gathering our stuff preparing to go out looking for Deaton when Lydia stops us. "Guys hold on."

"Lyd we don't have time." I beg, then a ping goes off and Cora pulls out her phone.

"It's Boyd the plan didn't work they cut the power." She reads.

My eyes go wide as I look at Scott, he knows who is more important to me. "Go." He nods. "I can save Deaton myself.

"What? Scott, what about us?" Stiles questions.

"Devin and Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them." Scott instructs.

Stiles looks at me, seeing the desperation in my eyes he sighs and nods. "Alright lets go.

************************

"Where should we go?" Stiles asks as we all jump out of the Jeep.

"Electric room." I say before breaking into a run for the electric room. Getting in there we all stare at the levers not really knowing what to do.

"Now what?" Lydia questions.

"Pull 'em. Pull all of them." Stiles instructs as we all begin tugging the levers.

After pulling the levers we all sprint up the steps, me in the lead and throw open the door. The sight I saw was one I wish I hadn't. There Derek sat, kneeling on the ground, cradling Boyd who is bleeding. At the first sight of it I gasped taking a step back and stumbling into Stiles who quickly wrapped his arms around me.

Once regaining myself Cora and I quickly rush to Derek's side, falling beside him I lay my head on his shoulder as a few tears slip. "I'm sorry." Derek whispers only bringing more tears to my eyes. It was here that it hit me that things would never get better, even when it all seems ok there is something dark lurking around the corner here in Beacon Hills.