Chapter 35.

Hundreds of memories flash around in my mind as I lay awake on my bed, staring up on the ceiling and hoping that I'll hear the boys come into the apartment, talking about literally any stupid reason. I throw my legs over the side of the bed and stand up, walking over to my door and stepping outside my room. "Bucky? Steve?" No response, maybe they're busy reading or something in their rooms, yeah, they're busy. I walk into Bucky's room, expecting to see him laying on his back, holding a book in the air above him, instead, I find an empty bed, no lamps on or anyone in his bed. And then I remember, I was at their funeral. I helped carry the two caskets, there were hundreds, maybe thousands of people there. I buried my two best boys. Oh god..they're dead. the pictures of us hanging on the walls mock me, our happy smiles, our arms around each other. I had no idea what was going to happen to us. If only I could've stopped Bucky from enlisting, or just told him how I felt...it could've changed everything, and maybe they still would be alive today. It's my fault. They're dead because I wasn't fighting hard enough, if I had just taken out more of those fucking robots sooner I could have been around to stop Tony, so he couldn't...kill them....it's my fault.