Chapter 29.

"What happened?" "There was a suicide off Madison bridge." "Oh my god! Do they know who it was?" "I don't know. But apparently she gave a big speech before she jumped so they might show it on the news." Steve replies, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and handing it to Bucky, who refuses it. "Cmon buck you have to drink something. She'll come back sometime soon." Steve insists, Bucky sighs and takes the water from him, opening it up and taking a sip. "The remote over on the counter, can you turn on the news?" "No problem." Steve replies, grabbing the remote and turning the tv on, they don't watch tv a lot so it's already on the news, special broadcast. "Tonight we remember a hero, someone we've wronged in the past. Someone who, before they died, gave a speech that may change the way we think about mental illness and asylums. Tonight we honor Sarah Ledoux. A hero. A few hours ago she was discovered standing atop the railing of the Madison bridge in Brooklyn, her birth city, by a patrolling police officer, despite his attempts and pleads for her to come back down onto the ground, she stayed, witnesses say she appeared both calm, frantic and generally strange as she stood on the railing. Just before she jumped, she gave a speech that will shape the way we think of mental health forever, then, after singing fair thee well, she spread get arms, and fell. Her body wasn't able to be recovered from the sea below, as it was stormy and the coast guard could not go out in the dangerous waters. Sarah leaves behind Steve Rogers and James Barnes, world renowned superheroes, and her lifelong friends. Now.." Lester holt's words trail off and then the tv is shut off, the remote dropped onto the floor, the batteries flying out the back. Steve and Bucky's world is being ripped apart by a whirlwind of agony and madness. And there's nothing I can do about it.