Chapter 11.

As soon as Steve closes the door of the apartment I move close to Bucky and push him into his room, closing the door behind us. "Um, guys? Am I gonna be celebrating by myself?" Steve asks through the door, then laughing awkwardly. "We'll be right out! Get some beers ready while you wait!" I call back to him, and then turn to Bucky, who is sitting on his bed where I had pushed him, he looks confusedly at me and I return his look with a smirk. I've been waiting for this for a long time. "What are you doing?" He asks me nervously, picking at little lint balls on the duvet. "Cmon Bucky, you honestly think I only think of you platonically? After all these years?" I purr, his eyes widen in surprise. "Uh.....um...I didn't know you felt that way..." His voice sends shivers down my spine and I love it. But..there's a fuzzy something happening in my brain..oh deary me, I better get this done quick. "I've loved you since we met. I love your smile, your eyes, your lips, your quirky, flirtatious demeanor that always commanded the girls' attention, I love YOU. Unfortunately my James Buchanan Barnes never loved me in return or ever even showed any recognition of how I really felt. An-What am I saying?! Oh..oh god Bucky I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry..." I whisper the last part through the hand I had placed over my mouth, in horror of what I had just confessed. I kinda blacked out at the strip club, and when I came to I had words pouring out of my mouth while standing in front of a very shocked Bucky in his room, I definitely meant them, but I never wanted him to know. He doesn't say anything, just stares at me with an open mouth. "Can you please say something?" I beg him, a tear falling down my face, which I quickly wipe off with a sweep of my hand, but more tears still come. He stays silent, just staring blankly at me.  Ouch. I quickly wipe tears off my face and take a deep breath, walking out of the room and plopping down next to Steve on the couch. "I'm sorry. You're the one getting married. Our attention should be on you."  I say, weakly smiling at him, which is the best I can do at the moment...under these circumstances. Steve looks concerned for a moment, and puts his arm around my shoulders comfortingly, I rest my head on his shoulder and sigh. "Y'know, without you and Bucky I wouldn't be who I am today." Steve tells me, making me smile. "Shut up, you'd still be Captain America!" "I wouldn't. It was Bucky joining the army and your disappearance that really pushed me to keep applying, and then the doctor found me and did the serum thing. But it's all thanks to you two."  He smiles at me, and I can tell he's tired, I don't think he's ever stayed up past midnight, me and Bucky always made sure he was asleep by midnight, even at sleepovers, we'd pretend to go to sleep so he would, and then me and Bucky would sit under our blanket tent and tell stories until the sun came up. Not to exclude him or anything, we just wanted him to have a good sleep schedule so he would stay happy all the time. "Steve, you know you don't have to stay up." I whisper to him, chuckling a little bit to myself, when he doesn't respond, I pick my head up to look at him, only to have his head fall onto my shoulder. He's fast asleep. I love him. He's my best friend. I love this moment, the feeling of being this close to someone, knowing that they trust me, the scent of freshly washed cotton of his shirt fills my nose, it's the little things like this that cheer me up, and I need it, especially after what happened with Bucky. Suddenly, I hear a creak in the floor behind me, I quickly turn my head to look, Bucky stands a couple feet away from the couch, staring at me with wide eyes. I think he was trying to sneak past me...ouch. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, then I smile at him. "Hey could you help me get Steve to bed? He fell asleep on me and I don't want to disturb him." I whisper, gesturing to Steve. Bucky nods and smirks at Steve's head on my shoulder, then walks around to the front of the couch, grabbing Steve's feet gently, I slowly remove my self from under my sleeping friend's head, but put my hand under it so he won't fall, I carefully put my arms under his armpits and nod at Bucky. "One, two, three, okay lift!" He whispers, we hoist him up and start carrying him to his room. I internally scream, this was a lot easier when he was like ninety five pounds. He's not fat, it's all the muscle that makes carrying him feel like carrying an actual cruise ship. We're nearly in his room when Bucky trips, causing Steve to fall on top of me. Somehow Steve stays sleeping, I guess that sleep pattern never wears off. His back lands on my chest and I silently scream, I can hear Bucky quietly laughing at the situation. I frown and lift Steve up myself, then carry him the rest of the way into his room, and gently set him down on his bed. He can't sleep in jeans or shoes, the sweater will fry him. I work as carefully as I can, removing his clothing, and replacing them with pajama pants and a t shirt. I carefully remove his shoes and hold my breath, waiting for the smell that always emits from men's shoes. I can't hold my breath anymore, I'm gonna die. I let myself breath again and I don't smell anything. I lift the shoes closer to my face and breath in deep, nothing. I look inside the shoe and see a little teabag of lavender, which people used to use to keep shoes from smelling. Nobody's done that since the forties. I smile up at Steve, he's so adorable. I turn and look at Bucky standing in the doorway. I neatly put the shoes down next to the bed, I stand up. I gently kiss Steve's forehead, and exit the room, closing the door behind me, now to deal with Bucky. With my arms crossed angrily, I frown at the man before me, who just smiles like a dope. A big, adorable dope.  "Asshole! Why didn't you help get him off of me?!" I whisper shout, getting up into his face. His face changes to worry and he puts his hands up defensively. "Was he hurting you?" "His back was crushing my boobs!" At my statement, Bucky starts laughing again, which makes me angrier. "What the hell are you laughing about?!" I demand, putting my hands on my hips. His laughing slows down to a chuckle, and he puts his hands on my shoulders, smiling at me. "Your boobs are fine, doll. I'm sorry, I didn't know he was hurting you. But your boobs are fine." He says, pulling me into him for a hug. He called me doll! He's never called me doll before! My expression softens and I hug him back, loving every second of it. "Bucky?" "Yeah?" "....nothing."