Chapter 3.

All I heard was the blast, and then the screaming, and I knew someone was trying to break everyone out. I open my eyes, the entire outer rim of the building is gone, leaving no wall keeping us inside. I move to the edge of the room, looking out over the hysteria that has erupted. Patients were running as fast as they could out of their rooms, patients on the second floor like me, jumping down on to the dirt below, them running. All of these terrible people, they are all dangerous, everyone in this asylum besides Mack has killed someone, so I can't let them escape. I raise my arms, and sweep them through the air, almost like dancing, with the motion, everyone on the ground catches fire, and run back into the building for water to douse themselves. "IF YOU LEAVE I WILL BURN YOU ALL TO DEATH." I shout, everyone looks up at me, and they all shouts pleas of mercy. "DO YOU PROMISE TO STAY IN YOUR ROOMS?" I shout, they all scream out yes' and so I wave my arms again, and the fires go out. The patients return solemnly to their rooms, and I see a man with an ugly helmet on his head staring at me from his position, hovering above the ground about fifty feet away from me. "MY NAME IS MAGNETO, YOU HAVE TREMENDOUS POWER! JOIN ME!" He shouts, I know who he is and what he's done to the world, so I raise my hand and point at him, igniting him instantly, after a few minutes of shouting and cries of pain, and clench my fist, making the fire consume him all together. The helmet falls to the ground, inside of it, smoldering ash remains of the villain. Suddenly, Captain America and The winter soldier are running in. "EVERYONE GET BACK IN YOUR-....cells?" Captain America begins shouting but stops at the sight of all the patients sitting in their rooms, not trying to escape. I'm the only patient standing, so I catch their attention. They look up at me confusedly and I give them a little wave. "Come up to my room?" I call, they look at each other and then back to me, and in two minutes they come into my room. This is something I never expected, two great heroes sitting in my cell. Wow. I sit crisscross applesauce across from them, on the floor, they sit on my bed, the thick silence gets awkward so I speak up. "Hello." "Why aren't the patients, including you, running away?" Captain America asks me, he appears to be cautious, oh I know, he's choosing his words carefully because he doesn't want to make me go crazy and attack them or something. How rude of him to assume. "They were, but I made them come back." "How?" "I set them on fire and said I'd burn them to death if they didn't go back to their rooms." I state nonchalantly. As cap continues to ask me questions and I continue to answer them, I watch the winter soldier, he's quiet, and he is very beautiful. I wonder what his voice sounds like, I have to get him to talk. "Would you like to see?" I ask the both of them, though it is more directed at the winter soldier. The Captain nods, intrigued, and then sees my gaze at the winter soldier, he nudges the long haired man, who looks up in surprise. "Uh I...what?" Holy shit, his voiCE. It's incredible..I am so third grader right now, in a minute I'll probably ask him to hang out with me under the slide on the playground. And we'll hold hands or something. "She asked if we'd like to see her powers." The Captain tells him, the winter soldier nods in response and I open my palm, then, focusing on a painting a caretaker hung in my room to try and keep me calm, I move my hand swiftly and gracefully upwards, the two men turn their gaze from my hand to the painting, which burns to a crisp from the bottom up. I see the winter soldier subtlety smiling, his face nearly hidden by his hair which falls in front of it, the Captain stares at the paintings remains as they drift silently to the ground, orange, yellow and red embers landing on the carpeted flooring of my room, he's impressed, I can tell by his face. I hope they stay for a while, I'd like to get to know them.