Chapter 31.

As I walk into the apartment and close the door behind me, I smile and sigh in relief at the sight of our pictures still hanging on the walls, proof they still live here. Now, what do I do now that I'm here? They aren't home, so do I just sit around? Oh! I run into my room excitedly, eager to see if it's the way I left it. Oh my god. They haven't touched a single thing! It's exactly the way I left it. Click. Oh my god oh my god oh my god they're back! What do I do? Play it casual? Be super fancy? Just stay in here until they come in and see me? Fuck it, I'm going casual. I open my door with a clammy hand and just stroll out from my room, into the kitchen, walking past where they sit on the couch, I try to ignore how much I'm shaking, but I have no idea how they're going to react to seeing me again, so I have the right to be nervous. I nonchalantly walk around the kitchen island to the fridge, opening it and pulling a water bottle out from inside. "Steve. Either I'm going insane, or there's a ghost in our apartment." Bucky states, grabbing Steve's arm firmly while watching me like a hawk, Steve's wide eyes watch me as well, both of them sitting frozen on the couch. I lean against the counter and shakily lift the bottle to my lips, taking a sip. "H-hi guys..I-I'm...alive..surprise!" I spread my arms in a 'Ta da!' Sorta way, just more awkward. "You can't be alive!" Steve replies, obviously still in shock and the thought of me not being real. "I-I-I shouldn't be...but I am, and I'm here." "Y-yo-you can't be real!l Bucky exclaims through tears, he stands up and hurried over to me, putting his hand slowly up to the side of my face, I put my hand over his and move it gently so it presses against my face, just having the contact between me and him is one of the greatest things I've ever felt in my entire life. His eyes are swollen and red, super teary as well, but he is still so beautiful..."you're alive?" He asks me, still in disbelief. "I'm alive and well darlin." I reply, stroking the back of his hand with my thumb, whilst staring him in the eyes. "Oh my god." He whispers, suddenly Steve's body pulls us all together in a tight hug, a sobbing, gross, loving, hug. For me it hasn't been that long since I saw them, but it's been three years since they've seen me, so I can only imagine their pain.