Chapter 12.

"What happened back there, man?" I ask Steve, as we sit alone on his bed, me rubbing circles on his back. Through his sobs I can barely make out his reply. "I don't know.." Steve didn't go through with marrying Sharon, I think he always had his doubts, and when she showed up to walk the aisle in her usual CIA getup, while everyone else was in formal, typical wedding attire, it was the last straw. When the priest asked him if he would take her as his wife, and she looked more interesting in her nails then his answer, he said no. And ran off. Me and Bucky went to follow, but Sharon's family enveloped us in harsh questions and insults, only I was able to escape, I tried to help Bucky but he said just to go talk to Steve. And here I am. "Look, you made the right decision back there, she doesn't deserve a guy like you. It'll be okay Steve, I promise you." I tell him gently,  he looks up at me with those sad, incredibly blue eyes, and it takes me back to every time I've had to cheer up the sniffling blonde, all the way from our childhood, every time someone picked on him, pushed him, hit him, kicked him, excluded him, you name it, me and Bucky were there to rough up the agitator, and cheer up our buddy. I haven't seen Steve cry for a while though, I think it's the job, never let them see the heroes cry or do anything other than save the day. So I think maybe, Steve's just been bottling up his emotions, and that's not healthy at all. "Want me to beat her up for you?" I ask him, making him laugh a little bit. "She carries a gun like 24/7. I don't think trying to take her on with nothing but fists would be a good idea." He replies, chuckling through his tears and gross sobbing. "Pfft, I could kick her ass any day of the week!" I exclaim, making him laugh more. Suddenly the door bursts open, and a very disheveled Bucky stumbles in. He plops down on the bed next to Steve and puts an arm around him, sighing loudly. "You definitely dodged a bullet there." He says, squeezing Steve's shoulder comfortingly. "Are you drunk?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes, he doesn't seem drunk, the only reason I'm asking is the stumbling. His head falls back and he laughs loudly, perhaps a better way to describe it is literally angels singing Starman. "No I'm not drunk, Steve's crazy ex fiancé's family got physical. I think her dad came at me with a switchblade at one point." He describes the scene and I get angrier with every word, how dare they attack Bucky?! I'm going to have a little talk with Sharon. "Buck, take him out for something to eat, no alcohol, not even wine or beer, I'm going to go out, I'll meet you guys back here later on." I say, standing up and stretching, Steve looks confused but Bucky nods, so I kiss Steve on the forehead, then repeat the action on Bucky, then I walk out the door.