Chapter 34.

{Flashback}
"Steve! Pass me the ball!" I yell at him. He kicks the ball towards me and I kick it as hard as I can. The ball flies past Bucky and into the goal behind him, he tries to stop it but ends up landing on his side on the grass below, me and Steve laugh and run over to him. "You alright pal?" I ask him, sticking out my hand, he laughs softly and grabs it, letting me help him up. "I'll be alright." He chuckles, lightly punching my shoulder. "That kick was awesome Sarah! Can you teach me?" "I mean sure I can try Steve, but I'm only twelve so don't expect me to be a good teacher." I reply and Steve smiles. "Don't worry, we don't expect much from you." He jokes, making me and Bucky laugh.
****************************************
"Well, melody said that I shouldn't hang around boys or I won't be much of a respectable lady, so I socked her right in the nose! But then her boyfriend shoved me, so I fell and smacked my face against a picnic table corner, and that how I got this black eye!" I explain to Steve and Bucky, who sit across from me on my bed, ma says boys aren't allowed on my bed, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her. "Did you break her nose?" Steve asks me in amazement, his eyes wide with anticipation. I smile proudly and cross my arms. "I think I did! And I'm proud of it too!" "You have a black eye though." "Yeah but-" "I hate it when you guys get into fights with anyone, you could get hurt." Bucky interrupts me, not meaning to be rude. "Cmon buck, I appreciate you worrying about us, but you aren't my ma." I say, putting my hand on his shoulder. "We're fourteen, not five." Bucky puts his hands up in defense. "Look, all I'm saying is that I care about you guys. A lot. And I don't want you to go get punched in the face a get your pretty little nose broken." He states, jokingly flirting with me, making me giggle. oh god, he has no idea what he's doing to me. ****************************************
"Kiss me." "...what.." "You keep staring at Dorothy and she keep staring at you, you kiss me and she'll get jealous and want to go out with you." I whisper to Bucky, he frowns. "That's like using you though." "Shut up, no it's more, I'm trying to help you out here buddy. So just ki-" I'm interrupted by Bucky's lips pressing against mine. his eyes are closed and he's kissing me literally like a pro. God, this feels incredible, his lips are so soft! It's like kissing a cloud, okay, that's weird, but whatever, kissing Bucky is literally the greatest feeling I've ever experienced. I let my eyes flutter shut, and feel Bucky's hands come up and hold the sides of my face gently, almost lovingly. For like four minutes, we stay there, lips moving against lips, his hands holding my face like his life depends on it, and honestly...it feels likes there's something there. "Hi James!" A squeaky, girly voice pipes up right beside us, jolting us out of whatever trance we were trapped in. Bucky's hands fall away from my face quickly and we pull away from each other. "Hey Dorothy." I greet her and she half smiles on my direction, then turns back to Bucky. Gosh, she really is cute, I don't stand a chance with Bucky, what was I thinking? That that kiss actually meant something to him? Stupid. I'm such a dunce. "So, James-" "he prefers Bucky, actually." "Thanks hun, but why would he prefer Bucky? His names is James William Barnes, Bucky doesn't fit in at all!" I look at her weird and then at Bucky, then back at her. "Who told you it was William?" "I know him, it's definitely William." "His middle name is Buchanan, Dorothy. James Buchanan Barnes." "What? That's stupid, that can't be hi-" "it is, Buchanan is my middle name." "Oh. Well. So, Buck, wanna get out of here? I hear that you're, rather mature for being sixteen." She asks, leaning over the picnic table, trying to be cute. Bucky runs his hand through his hair, and lets out a deep breath. "Uh, no..I'm alright, I'd prefer to stay here with Sarah. Sorry doll." I smile at his reply. And Dorothy shoots me a dirty look, before walking away. "That didn't go as planned." I state, smiling at him, he smiles up at me, with that bright, beautiful smile that I adore. I wanna kiss him again. I reallllyy wanna kiss him again. A canvas bag is slapped down on the table and a heavily breathing Steve stands there, trying to catch his breath. "Hi you two." He greets us, wheezing. "What happened to you?" I ask him in concern, furrowing my eyebrows. "I had to run all the way here cause while I was taking extra time to get ready someone stole my bicycle." He explains. "What?! Why did you need extra time?" "It's not polite to be around women if you aren't properly cleaned up nice." "Oh my god Steve, how do you not have a girl?" "You're everything I've ever dreamed of!" Bucky exclaims, grabbing one of Steve's scrawny arms and ducking to spin underneath it dramatically. Such dorks.