Chapter 26.

"Guys, I'm home!" I yell into the apartment, shutting the door again and placing the little boy on the couch. "What's yer name anyway kid?" I ask him, "Dylan! I'm six!" He exclaims, making me giggle, I ruffle his hair. "I'm Sarah. 97." I reply, making him laugh. "Hi." Bucky greets me, coming out of his room and standing a couple feet away from me. "Bucky!" I exclaim, running over and pouncing on him, wrapping my arms and legs around him and hugging him tightly. He softly laughs and hugs me back. "Hi." He repeats, I take hold of the pixie stick packs I bought for them, thrusting it forwards shyly for him to take, he smiles at the gift and gives me a one armed hug. "Thanks." "No problem! As long as it makes you happy!" Steve comes out of his room and I toss the second pack at him, which he barely catches, but when he looks at it, he smiles. "Thank you." "Mhm!" "are you captain America?" Bucky and Steve freeze at the tiny voice, coming from the couch. "Sarah, why is there a kid on the couch?" Bucky slowly asks me, I throw my hands up and smile brightly. "Surprise! I took him from the store! I thought, kids are cute! Cute things make people happy!" I exclaim, walking over to Dylan and picking him up. "Cmon guys! Ain't he a cutie?" I ask them, expecting a smile, but they just stare in disbelief and anger. "You kidnapped a little kid?!" Bucky gently yells, trying not to scare Dylan. I frown, this isn't what I expected, like at all. "I...I didn't kidnap him!" "Yes you did! You've gone too far this time! Steve, get the kid." Bucky scolds me and I shrink back, putting Dylan gently down on his feet on the floor, he walks over to Steve and holds his hands up, wanting to be picked up, which Steve obliges, they hurry over to the door and I quickly run forwards, grabbing Bucky's hand. "You can't leave me!" I exclaim, he spins around and shoves me backwards, causing me to fall into my back and smack my head against the ground, I groan and slowly sit up, staring up at Bucky with fear. He stands still, looking down at me with wide eyes and furrowed brows, he then comes over and kneels down next to me, putting his hand on the back of my head, which I quickly shrink away from his touch. "You pushed me..?" "I'm so sorry I didn't mean t-" "if you don't wanna keep sleeping over just say so, you don't gotta push me. You can leave. I'll be out by the time you're back. I swear." "No I didn-" "Buck, we have to go get this kid back to his parents, I'm sure she'll still be here when we get back." Steve says softly, trying not to let me hear him, but failing, He's wrong, I will be gone, but I'm not going to tell them that. They don't want to have sleepovers anymore, nothin' I can do 'bout it. Bucky reluctantly starts to walk out of the apartment, but turns around and stares sadly at me, then shutting the door. Guess I gotta go.