Chapter 8.

As I approach the storage unit I hear something trying to lift up the door. My friends are trying to leave me? They can't! That's just no fun at all! I duck into the secret entrance I made to the huge storage room, and shut the hidden door behind me when I'm inside. Bucky and Steve try to push the huge door up with a broom handle, they don't even notice my presence. I huff loudly, which startles them, making them drop the broomstick and spin around. "You're trying to leave me?" I ask them sadly, gripping the kit kats in my hand tightly. "What? No! We were..we were just trying to fix the door!" Steve lies. "Liar!" I yell at them, a tear falling down my face. "I...I bought you guys a treat! I made sure not to get something sour! Or with nuts! Don't leave me!" I plea sadly, thrusting the kit kats towards them shyly, they each take one, and stare from the candy, to me, to each other. "You remembered that I'm allergic to nuts?" Steve asks me, carefully. "Of course I did! You're my only friends!" I reply, sitting down on a stolen couch and twisting my fingers together. I look up and they're whispering to each other, ooo secrets! I love secrets! I lean closer to them so I can hear better. "Bucky she's clearly insane, I don't think we can help her. She's been holding us hostage here for weeks..I think she's too far gone." Steve whispers, well that hurts my feelings. "I don't think she knows she's holding us hostage though! I think she thinks we're staying here on our own will. Look, I know she seems too far gone but she isn't! If we can somehow trigger something in her she could go back to her normal self." Bucky whispers back, I jump up behind them suddenly, startling them. "HIYA! WHAT ARE YOU WHISPERING ABOUT?!" I basically yell into their ears, Bucky turns around and gently guides me back over to the couch, where he sits down, pulling me down with him. "It was nothing, we weren't whispering about anything." He tells me. I can tell he's lying. "You're a liiiiiiiiaaaaarrrrr." I drag out the last word childishly, giggling, then suddenly I stop and my expression becomes sad, I look into his eyes. "Were you planning to leave me?" I ask him sadly. "No! No we-" "you were! You were you were you were! I thought you guys were my friends!" I cry out, covering my face with my hands and sobbing. "We are your friends! But sometimes we just wanna go outside!" Steve replies softly, Bucky takes one of my hands from my face and holds it gently, running his thumb over the top. "But I want you guys in here with me!" I say through my tears and gross sobbing, they smile a little bit. "Well we-" Steve's statement gets cut off by a blast through the large door, iron man. They found us. "Don't worry! I won't let him hurt you!" I yell to Steve and Bucky, standing in front of them, ready for a fight. I won't let him hurt them. He's mean. "Let them go kid! Don't make us do this the hard way!" Iron man says, his suit amplifying his voice like a megaphone. "What's the hard way, darlin?" I retort, he lifts his hands up, pointing his blaster thingies at me. What if he misses me and hits Steve and Bucky?! I can't let that happen! I have to stand down. "Fine. Take them, but if you hurt them, I will break every bone in your body, then shoot you in the head." I declare, iron man lowers his hands and walks over to me. "Okay, but for us not to hurt them, you're going to let me chain you up to this wall." "Fine." I reply. He opens the mask part of his helmet, revealing a smug smile that makes me wanna punch his face until his skull breaks open, but I can't, cause I have to protect my friends. Iron man takes me over to the chains pre-installed on the unit's wall and locks me up in them, putting the cuffs around my wrists and ankles. Steve and Bucky look incredibly confused, and mad. "What do you think you're doing?!" Bucky exclaims, iron man finishes binding me and walks out of the storage unit, whistling contently. "We'll let her out once you guys are safely back at your apartment. We can't risk you guys being kidnapped again, so hurry up." Iron man replies. Bucky and Steve stare at me and slowly start to walk away, and the last thing Bucky sees of me before vision closes up the door again, is my eyes tearfully watching them walk away. My friends have left me. I'm all alone now...