30

flashback;

i could feel every bits of pain resonating throughout my body. hissing as i feel a shooting ache whenever i move, coughing blood as i try very best to stand. but somehow, in the midst of everything, my arms and legs seems to give in, pushing me back down on cold concrete.

"what puny kid," i hear one of them say, followed by a kick on my shin, earning a low whimper to escape the barriers of my lips. "you useless fag!" their laughs and insults rang loudly against my ears, tears slowly cascading down my cheeks.

"p-please stop," i begged, curling into a ball as i try to shield myself away from their attacks. "i-i'm sorry...please.." suddenly, i found myself apologising, not knowing what i did wrong.

"pathetic piece of shit," i hear one of them say before i felt a piercing ache on my head. "c'mon kid, try and fight back, you lousy bastard." but i could only shook my head. i was never a fighter. if anything, i am weak, scared and all the things they just spat at me.

"i'm sorry..." i cried, eyes squinted together as i await for yet another attack coming from my bullies. and a few moments later, i felt a piercing pain on my cheek. it didn't take long for me to realise that my bully just landed a slap across my face, cowering back on the ground as i shield myself.

where the fuck is he when i needed him?

"you're no fun, kid." i hear another voice yell as a kick landed straight to my stomach. "– fucking stand up and fight!"

i open my eyes to see three boys glaring down at me, disgust and enjoyment written in their faces as they spat insults after insults. as usual, the only words that could escape my mouth are apologies, earning either a punch or a kick with every apology i utter. they laughed, their filthy voices invading my ears, combined with my muffled cries and pleas.

these were the times where i question my worth and just my whole existence, having an abusive father and another merciless bullies. having to hear such words from their mouths just felt like a million stab in my heart. i hate this.

i hate myself.

just then, the familiar shade of orange came to view, his posture stern and guarded as his face remained cold and void of any emotions. he remained calm and collected yet his eyes spoke of so many things. murder and rage was what written in his every piercing stares. his hands were hidden beneath his pockets but based on his complexion, i could pretty much tell his knuckles were clenched together.

"i already warned you, kiddos." he mutters. "i thought i made it pretty clear to stay away from jungkook at all cost." he says, voice low and dangerous.

"s-sunbae..." i hear one of them trails off, fear and embarrassment laced in his voice. i could also hear one of them gasp, as the other one could only gulp.

"you're pissing me off," i hear jimin mutters as he bends down to inspect the damage the three idiots inflicted on me. his eyes screams bloody murder as his gaze passes every bruise and cuts in my body, turning to glare at the three.

my bullies was about to leave when jimin grab ahold one of them. jimin was livid as he reached to pull the other one, gripping hard on both of the boys' arms as the last remaining boy got away. "let him, he'll have his day." i hear jimin whisper when the two tried to call after their friend for some help. "for now, let's have fun, shall we?" i couldn't help but gulp along with my two bullies, eyes never leaving the smirk on jimin's face.

how could he look so damn dangerous and beautiful all at the same time?

in a short span of time, jimin already managed to take both boys down, hissing every profanities he could think of as he lands kicks after kicks on the two boys. "you motherfucking bitch ass bastards!" he spat, grabbing one boy by his collar and landing a punch on his cheek. "no where the fuck is that power and superiority you've been bragging on about. huh, faggots?!" he hisses, stomping on the other boy's stomach.

"you dare call someone puny, you fucking wimpy idiots!" jimin yells, kicking the fatter boy on his ass, earning a groan from him. "mess with jung-fucking-kook again and i'll kill you. you hear that?!" he glares.

"y-yes sunbae.." they both replied in unison. jimin gave them one last kick each before spitting on them and walk towards me, bent in front of me with his back facing against me. my brows furrowed, about to ask him when he beat me to it. "hop in, kookie." he tells me.

i could only wrap an arm on his shoulders, body still lying full on the ground when he pulled my arms gently to his torso. i hissed in pain, earning an apology from him as he does it more gently this time until i was fully on his back, my head resting against the back of his neck and his hands on my thighs.

"hold on, kookie. we're already close to the infirmary." he tells me. good thing it's still school hours, making it easy for us to walk our way to the infirmary without pushing past people after people.

when he finally settled me on the infirmary bed, i glared at him and weakly punched him on his biceps, earning a scowl from him. "what was that for?" he pouts.

"where the hell were you?!" i yelled at him, wailing as i threw weak punches at him. "i thought you got tired of saving me." i whispered, tears hungrily cascading down my cheeks as i glared at him despite the tears.

"shh, i'm here now, kookie." he whispers, pulling me close to his chest, his lips kissing the side of my head as he soothes random patterns on my back. "i'm sorry. i was a little delayed, baby. but i'm here now. i'm sorry, kookie." his voice soothing and alluring as he plants yet another kiss on my forehead. "stop crying, i hate seeing you like this." he follows after, caressing my cheeks.

"i can't." i tell him, sobbing. "it hurts. everything hurts, hyung."

"want me to kiss all of 'em for you?" he smirks, earning a weak punch from me. he chuckles, catching my knuckles as he place a small peck on it, next to my bicep, to my neck then to my nose and lastly, to my lips. "even with blood seeping through, your lips remains addicting as ever." i hear him mumble when he moves away, only to plant his lips fully against mine this time.

"hyung," i called through the kiss, earning a soft hum from him.

i love you, i wanted to say—

"what is it, kookie?" he asks when i remained silent and focused on the kiss.

"thank you,"

— but i didn't.

[A]
i feel like nobody reads this anymore since i published my other story hybrid 😢