04.

2 years ago

I gazed at the beautifully litted sky, clouds painting such shapes and forms as a small smile made its way to my lips, tracing the outlines of it with my finger, one eye squinted as I lay on my back, one hand under my head.

Birds sang as fireflies and butterflies danced through the air, a few leaves floating everywhere as the wind brushed passed it, the strong aroma of the nearby river filling my nose.

Finally, it was peaceful.

The day was perfect, the sun smiling brightly from above, giving off a pleasant light; not too bright nor too dim, just right. The fields were filled with a large variety of flowers, and I happen to be laying on top of some of it, the soft texture of tulips beneath me. All in all, everything was perfect— exactly what I wanted it to be or have imagined it to be.

It was perfect,

but it felt like something was missing.

It was until a ball of orange came into view, hovering over me as he looked down, silhouette on half of his face as a warm smile was etched on his beautiful lips, my nickname escaping from his mouth like an angel singing me a lullaby, cheeks tinted red as a few sweats dripped down from the side of his face and onto my forehead. "Kookie~" he sang in between pants.

I rose up from the ground, the small smile on my lips now turned into a huge grin. "What took you so long, hyung?" I found myself playfully pouting, causing him to ruffle my hair, his hands perfect against it as I felt butterflies by just that simple gesture.

"Parents," was his only answer, but had told me so much, making me sigh as I reached out to engulf him in a warm hug, to which he chuckled but responded back. "It's okay, I'm used to it." He smiled, but it felt forced, his eyes not forming into fits of cresents like before.

"No, it isn't." I mumbled, moping as I looked away.

"Well it's okay now," he grabbed my chin, staring deeply into my eyes. "You're here now." he whispered, making me bite the insides of my cheeks to stop myself from giggling, also to refrain myself from kissing him because that would ruin lots of things.

"Shut up, Jimin." I rolled my eyes, earning a slap in the arm as he pouted, whining about how I should call him 'hyung' which I found utterly adorable. I just chuckled and found myself a comfortable position as I sat back on the ground, my bunny smile displayed as I eagerly smiled at him. "Sketch me," I said, giddily.

He smiled, revealing his sketch pad and his collection of pens and pencils, plopping down in front of me as he settled his things, the sun setting magnificently on his face, his hazel eyes on full display as his long lashes could be easily seen, making him a billion times much more beautiful, adding up the way his orange hair falls on his face, leaving me in dazed and in awe by the way he runs his fingers against his soft locks.

Park Jimin was the very definition of perfection. He's the type of guy to be adorable without even trying to be, the type to melt your heart by just his angelic high pitched voice and by how incredibly bright his personality is. He was that boy who would just smile and could make you lose your mind just by the sight of his breathtaking eye-smile.

"You look happy," he commented, scribbling on his sketchpad, glancing at me from time to time.

"I am," I responded, eyes locked on him. He chuckled, reaching a finger to gently poke my nose, a wierd fetish of his that I've grown to adore so much, not only because it was adorable but because of the smile that comes with it— his signature eye-smile that never fails to blow me away.

"That's good, I don't like seeing my kookie sad." He said as he continued to sketch me on his pad, head tilting from time to time as he angles my every feature, a different smile etched on his lips this time. A smile I've never seen before, so foreign yet looked so right.

Aside from being best friends, we pretty much have no labels when it comes to our relationship. But we never really cared about it— I never really cared. Because just the mere sight of Jimin's majestic smile is already more than enough for me, to be one of the reasons behind those smiles is already a privilege.

I am indeed in love, I admit. I am totally whipped and a sucker for Park Jimin that the mere sound of his breathing makes me happy. I am definitely obsessed with his crooked tooth and the moles displayed on his neck. It's like every inch of him deserves to be loved, praised and adored.

A pang on my forehead snapped me back to reality, a yelp escaping from my lips as I felt the stinging pain on my head, making Jimin immediately look up from his pad and reached towards me. "Are you okay? What happened? Hey, look at me." He wiped the tears in the corners of my eyes, his eyes screams worried as he gazed back at me, caressing my cheeks. "Did a pebble hit you?" He asked, to which I responded with a slight nod.

His jaw clenched, arising on his feet as he scanned the place, his eyes darkening as he stared at a particular spot which I couldn't figure out because of all the long flowers surrounding us. "Yah! Stop that!" He yelled, face scrunched together as he glared somewhere. "Yah kids! You wanna die?!"

I heard a faint chorus of no's and feet rushing away as a smug smirk made its way to Jimin's lips which turned into a smile as he plopped back down and caressed the part of my forehead that got hit. "Aigoo, my poor kookie." he cooed, before leaning in to kiss me on the head. "That'll do it, my kiss would heal your wound in no time." He smiled, reaching for his sketch pad once again.

"H-hyung my lips also hurts..." I mumbled, immediately clasping my hands on my lips as I realized the words that had just escaped from my mouth.

"Huh?" He asked, his eyelashes batting innocently like he heard nothing.

I sighed in relief and mumbled a faint 'nothing', hoping him to believe me. But the smirk on his lips explains otherwise as he slowly reached for the hem of my shirt, his eyes locked against mine in a way that had me gulping as his face inched closer and closer.

and the next thing I know,

I was kissing him.