26

flashback;

A mixture of fear and embarrassment coiled within me, avoiding all cost that may possibly lead my eyes life locked on the stranger before me. I started playing and fiddling with my hands, a wierd habit that I do whenever I'm nervous or uncomfortable.

"– this is min yoongi." Namjoon introduced, pointing towards the blonde boy boredly sitting beside him. "...and this is jungkook." He nodded in my way.

I could only manage a small (constipated-like) smile, too shy and intimidated to even utter a proper greeting. Yoongi on the other hand only nodded, disinterest obviously painted on his face and blankness written very clearly in his eyes.

I don't like him at all.

"I baked cookies!" Seokjin announced, a tray in hand with drinks and a plate filled with newly baked cookies.

It was one of those rare days where our father is away for some business trip bullshit as what he likes to call it. But seokjin and I aren't that stupid not to know that he'll be away for a couple of days to go and pay his mistress a visit. Mom is away as well, something about our grandma being sick and all.

So that leaves the house all to ourselves. Usually, seokjin have his friends over or sometimes, he lets me stay up all night to play with my consoles since our father never let me play whenever he's around. He said games are for the weak and the stupid which I completely disagree by the way.

"Is Jimin coming over, jungkook?" Namjoon asks, taking a bite of the cookie then drinking the milk afterwards.

I was about to respond when yoongi beat me to it, a puzzled look on his face as he looks at me suspiciously. "Jimin?" he asks, glancing at namjoon for a brief moment. "You mean the park jimin that made taehyungie cry?"

"The one and only," seokjin smiled. "Would you believe it? My brother here is his bestfriend."

"Absolutely not," he interjected. "That boy doesn't like making friends, he told taehyung himsel–"

"Apparently except our jungkook here." Namjoon chimed in, "They been bestfriends for what now? two years?"

"Three." I corrected.

"Yeah, three." namjoon smiled before turning to my brother, "–oh, babe. can you pass me the tissue? some milk spilled down my shirt."

My brother could only roll his eyes and sigh. You could never leave namjoon even a second without him making a mess of himself. "Be careful, will you? I just cleaned the carpets." he tells him, wiping the milk on namjoon's shirt.

In the corner of my eye, I could still see the look yoongi is giving me. I could feel the doubt coated in his very stare. He doesn't believe me one bit.

Just then, the familiar shade of red came to view. Humming as he plops beside me and snatching a cookie from the platter before he turned to me. "Hi?" He greeted, unsure.

"Idiot," I rolled my eyes at him. "I thought you couldn't make it today?"

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me and laying his head on my shoulder blade. "I sneaked out...for you." he said, whispering the last part that had me going crazy out of my mind, my cheeks flushing red as I look away.

"You believe me now?" Seokjin laughed, seeing yoongi's shocked face. "Told you so." he nudged him on the side.

Jimin, as usual, paid no mind to them as he stood up, dragging me by the hand and leading me upstairs to my room.

But before we could completely exit the living room, I heard yoongi spoke of the words that rather shook my heart and my world. "They look more like lovers to me. Are you sure they're just bestfriends?" yeah, I ask that a lot to myself too.

Jimin, what are we really?

"Didn't know you're friends with Min," I heard jimin say, letting go of my hand as he plops down on my bed and stared blankly up at me.

"I just met him today, actually." I replied, shrugging as I plopped down next to him. "You know him?"

He shrugged, turning to face me. I could feel his breath fanning the side of my cheeks and boy did it flutter my insides. "He's in some of my classes, yeah." I could barely hear him speak, the loud beating of my heart echoing through my ears as my heart started to beat faster than it's usual pace.

I hate how jimin could affect me this much without even doing anything. But I loathe how I could be dying from too much flutter while he's still there, not even feeling a bit uneasy.

"He's scary..." I found myself unconsciously saying, not sure whether I was still referring to min yoongi or jimin— my most feared heartbreaker.

"Yeah, he can be an asshole at times." He yawned, "I'm bored, wanna steal yoongi's bike?" he asked nonchalantly as if I didn't just say how scared I am upon meeting min yoongi.

"What?" I frowned at him.

"His bike is outside." He informs, not even giving a fuck whether yoongi kills the both of us or beat us in to a pulp if he finds out.

"You're insane," I scowl at him when he smiled, batting his eyelashes as he stood up from the bed.

"Fine, we'll borrow it." He grumbled, beckoning me to stand up as he walks to the door. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind." he reassures.

I trailed behind him as we walked back down the living room. "Hey, we're going to steal that bike out there, aight?" Jimin said casually before reaching for my hand and bolted out the door.

I glanced behind only to see a fuming yoongi, chasing up our asses. "What the fuck, park!" He growls. "Come fucking back here you piece of motherfucking shit!"

"H-hyung I thought we're going to borrow it?!" I hissed at him when he let me go, getting on the bike before pulling me to sit on the metal in front of him.

He smirked down at me when I looked up, pedalling as fast as he can when yoongi's growls became more audible with each second that passes, voicing out his plans if ever he catches us. "I lied," I heard jimin laugh just beside my ear. "He always glares at me in class and it's irritating. I've always disliked that midget."

"You do know you're also a midget right?" I teased.

"Shut up." He scoffed, turning to a corner as the wind harshly slapped against our beings, sending our hairs to wobble in the air as our laughs and howls of joy filled the lonely streets of seoul.

In the midst of everything, we came into an abrupt stop, leaving me confused as I put my hands down and turned to look at him. But before I could even ask him why we stopped, his lips was already sealed and planted against mine, leaving me in total daze and enchanted.

He pulled away after that, a small smile gracing his lips but somehow, it didn't reach his eyes. He reached to pat me on the head before speaking of the words that left my night ruined and full of blues.

"I will miss you,"