Chapter 42 : Possibilities

Ananya's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. I realised I couldn't be careless about myself but everything that had happened the day before occupied my mind. I was still confused. I had no idea what I was supposed to tell the Lexsturs.

I did not have a great start to the day.
I was throwing up since morning and I didn't feel very good.
Mrs.Lexstur was very kind and she was with me all the time aonce the moment she realised what I was going through.
"There there sweetheart. It will all be just fine. This is just morning sickness. Its very common during pregnancy."
She said as she held my hair back for me while I flipped my stomach out.
"I can't do it anymore." I registered my incapacity to handle the nausea.

"Oh dear. Here, have some water."

"No. Please. I don't wish to eat or drink anything for sometime."
I protested.
I could see Mrs.Lexstur standing beside me feeling helpless.

"I am sorry you have to see me like this. This has never happened before."

"Oh no. Don't you apologise dear. And this happens during pregnancy. I will tell you my stories some day. I think you should get fresh and we will leave for the doctor's in sometime."
She kissed my forehead before she left. I pushed the door behind her and rested my forehead on it.
The situation I was in scared me.
Suddenly I heard voices. It was Alex.

"Mom, do something to help her please."
His voice made my heart beat faster.

"Son, this happens during pregnancy. Its normal. We will see the doctor today and speak to her to prescribe something for Ananya. Don't worry."

"I will come with you to the doctor's."
The voices became distant but something inside me wanted to hear the rest of it.

I opened the door and followed the voices.
I didn't have to walk much because they were still somewhere outside my room.

"Dad, why are you asking me to stay away from her? I should be with her at the doctor's."

Alex's father was also now part of the conversation it seemed.

"Alex, your father has passed on your marriage proposal to her. She is already worried about it, I have seen. You said you don't want to push her right? Just stay away from her for a day Lexi. Don't let your presence influence it. We don't want her to marry you just to avoid hurting your feelings again dear. We wish to see you both happy together, and not make a compromise."

"Your mother is right Alex. Come, lets go to office. And Veronica will keep us updated, won't you darling?"

I couldn't hear the rest of it as I had to rush again to the washroom.

I felt weak with all the puking. But on the other hand I was hungry too. Nothing looked appetizing on the table.
Mrs.Lexstur guessed the look on my face.
She laughed a little.
"Oh my, don't tell me you don't want to eat any of this."
I felt guilty. I was already enough of a problem for them, now this too.

"Sorry. I will eat this apple on the way."

"No no Ananya. Now you have to eat not only for yourself but for the little baby growing inside you. Your pregnancy is just going to be like me. When I was pregnant with Alex, nothing ever pleased me. I gave a very hard time to Mr.Lexstur."
She was all smiles remembering her days.

"I will get some fruits cut for you. Have whatever you want from them. We can pick something to eat on the way. Anything you might feel like eating." She left for the kitchen but stopped mid way.

"You will have to drink some milk."

Milk sounded repelling to me but suddenly I had a craving for milkshake, "Apple milkshake" I nearly jumped up in my seat.