Chapter 15 : Broken hearts

Ananya's POV

Oh my God.This was the third time in 2 days that I had lost consciousness.
Where was I? I looked around.
Huge windows but with the drapes shut down didn't really help me to realise what time it was.
It was dark inside the room with just a small light kept ON. I was resting on something which i guessed to be a couch. It was very soft and comfortable and honestly after the day I had I just wanted to lie down there and sleep some more.
My lip was not bleeding anymore although my head was hurting bad.
I got up and moved around in the darkness to look out for a switch to turn on light or atleast some water.

I was moving in darkaness when i tripped over something. I closed my eyes when a little scream left my lips anticipating a fall but instead i was floating in the air falling in the embrace of 2 strong arms which lifted me off the ground and made me sit on the table.
I opened my eyes and in the faint light i saw Nathan's face staring right into my eyes. My lips curved into a smile and eyes shyly looked down. He turned on the table lamp.
"I guess you have not had enough of sleep. If you keep falling into my arms like this I may not be able to control myself."

In that instant i remebered what had happened during the day. Nathan was there and he let it happen.

I hit him on his chest lightly pushing him ,which in turn hurt my hand. "Ouch. You ..you have a lot of explaining to do."

I tried to jump off the table but Nathan pushed me back now holding me in my seat. He moved so close to me that I could feel his breath on my forhead. I looked up at him to say something but he put his finger on my lips signalling me with his eyes to ssshh..

"I know beautiful. I will answer all your questions. But before that I want to tell you something and wish to know what you feel about it."

I was mesmerised with his eyes. So deep and so clear. It was as if they could look through my soul. His face was now closer and we were breathing in the same air.

"Ms.Donavan... since the day I saw you for the first time I have become crazy for you. You are so beautiful that I just wish to hold you in my arms for ever. Your eyes are like morning dew, so pure that I could just drown in them. I know you don't have any idea, but that day when you accidentally came in front of my car I missed a heart beat. That very moment I realised what i had started to feel for you. I never believed in love at first sight but it happened to me the day I saw you here on this floor. You were lost but its was as if I found you... I don't exactly know but I think even you feel something for me."

I was in loss of words. What Nathan had said just now rung a bell in my head. " It was you, i saw your eyes that day and never stopped thinking about them. Do you really mean what you said just now?"
My heart was beating so fast. And now I could hear his heart beat too, we were this close.
He brought his head forward and rested his forhead on mine. Our eyes were still talking, lost in each other.
I bit my lip in anxiety on which he smiled.
"Don't you bite your lip, its only for me to do. I meant every word I said with all my heart."
I blushed and looked down.
"Girl don't do this to me. You cant turn away when its your turn to speak."
His fingers brushed against my cheeks and then he lifted my head with his thumbs moving his fingers over my lips.
"I ...I..." i was blushing and too shy to speak anything.

" I think i know what you wish to say. And so I am going to do what I am just about to do."
He leaned his head forward and placed his lips on mine sending me in a sudden frenzy. My body became stiff for a moment but his touch around my waist made me flow along in his rhythm.

He was kissing me passionately for what felt like eternity when a skinny lookinh blonde girl barged inside the room.

Our moment was over.