Chapter 3: Billionaire's Son

Ananya's PoV

I was in a hurry. Alex had to go to a family get together so he had taken a day off. Even though he offered to send his driver to drop me to work, i decided to pass. I couldn't leech off my billionaire friend like that.

Just to avoid being late i entered the lift at the very end, while trying to juggle between my lunch bag and the file of papers i was carrying, thinking about my boss all throughout.

My boss Mr.Mason was a sweet little man in his late 30s. He was a nice man till the point you are doing your job right. But i had seen him losing his temper on poor Gracy when she submitted the report late one day.

My report was due this morning and even though it was all ready i did not want to be late in sending it out.
Fuck!! I forgot to press the floor button and when i checked the display the lift was moving to the 23rd floor.
"Oh god!! I am in trouble."
I tried to press many buttons to make it stop but in vain.
It stopped at the 30th floor. I remembered its the Operations department floor where the CEO and Directors have their offices.
There were some people who wanted to enter the lift and still wondering what to do next i just moved out.

I kept my head down and while trying to keep myself out of the way and just tripped over a potted show plant.
"Ouch!!"

And just like that even those people who had not noticed me before were now staring at me.
Before getting up i tried to get hold of all my stuff but realized my hair which was tied in a bun just loosened up and the sheer length of my hair became difficult to manage.
i just gave up and sat there for a moment, that's when i noticed a pair of eyes looking straight into mine from inside a cabin, through the tainted glass door.

They were a little blue, a little green may be i am not sure. But i just couldn't stop looking at them and i knew they were looking at me with the same intensity.

" what on earth are you doing here Ms.Ananya?"
I jumped up immediately and lost the colour on my face.
It was Mr.Mason.
" i..I.. i actu..I lost my way and ended up here. I am..I am so so sorry, this wont happen again."
And in the effort to pick up my stuff i fell down again.

This time i could see those pair of eyes..beaming with what i could make out, must be a smile on that person's face..
I was so mesmerized that i just smiled back not knowing who it was and got up quickly to follow Mr.Mason who was now picking up my stuff.

"Ms.Donavan, care to explain? Or on the second thought, forget that, is my report ready?"

"Yes Mr.Mason, I will just email it to you."

"And Ms. Donavan, don't get lost again. Next time I may not be there to help you."
He had a smile on his face and i knew i was not going to be in trouble for now.

I texted Alex to tell him what had happened and he enjoyed me making a fool of myself.
I wanted to tell him about those eyes but decided otherwise.

I missed Alex being around, but i know he is here temporarily. Once he thinks he is ready he will join his father.

"Hey Ananya. Where is Alex today? " Grace inquired while resting one hand of her's on my desk and playing with her curls with the other.

I was surprised thinking why would she come asking me, but then informed her that he was on leave today.

" hey im assuming you guys are not a thing or you know what I mean."

I just smiled and answered her " No. We are just friends. Best FRIENDS you can say"

" oh got it. So i can ask him out? He is not seeing anyone right?"

"Sure. Your call"

Alex was a handsome guy. His dark brown eyes were magnetic. At 6 feet tall, he had an athletic body, even though he was not into Abs building and all but he was always in demand during our college days. And i could see that now as well.
But mostly i thought that it was not just his movie star looks that attracted girls but also his super rich family background. But here at Swornwell's no one knew who he was. So Gracy was just smitten by his looks and may be his convertible.

The day just passed and I was bored till death.
As soon as the clock struck 4 pm i picked my bag and ran outside just when I stepped out of the building I got a call and saw Alex's picture that brought a smile on my face.

" miss me much??" He giggled.
" You devil..I missed you so much Alex!! It was so boring without you around. I don't know what I would do without you when you would leave the job."

" oh now that you had a boring day.. what do you say we have some fun??I plan to go to a club with my cousins, care to join? Look on the other side of the road."

There he was waving at me. With a smile on my face all I could think was how my life would be if not for him in it.

I almost jumped and carelessly tried to cross the road when a limo came in front of me almost hitting me but i balanced myself in time to avoid the hit.

And then i saw those eyes again in the passenger seat with its tainted window slightly brought down. But this time the eyes were angry.

A furious Alex came running to me and hugged me. I was startled with the closed call and I did not even realize i was in Alex's arms and just hugged him back coz somehow it felt safe.

Cursing the driver he got me to his car and we drove off. He cancelled his night with cousins and instead stayed at my home for dinner and movie which was a usual thing for us.