Chapter 20 - Living in the moment

Ananya's POV

Next day morning i woke up with a smile remembering the text from Nathan last night.

"You seem excited. What are you upto dear?? Something you want to share with your Maa?"

I gave Maa a sheepish smile.
"Noo. Actually may be not yet. Let me first understand whats happening. You know i had lunch yesterday at the Palace? I never thought I'd like it there."

"I am just happy knowing that you are happy. My daughter is smiling and blushing all at the same time. But you didn't seem so happy last night. Has Alex not talk to you yet?"

I just gave her a silent NO. The smile on my face vanished. "I will go see him today."
I was interrupted by a rather loud honking.
Maa peeked out of the window and looked back at me with a smile.

"I think its for you. I will see you in the evening darling. Have a nice day at work."
She hugged me and kissed my cheeks.

"You look beautiful. Say my hello to Nathan."

I couldn't help blushing. I smiled and waved her good bye. I was excited to see him. Wooh..there was fluttering in ny stomach. Butterflies!!!

As i walked towards the limo, Nathan got out of the car and held the door open for me.
He held out his hand and grabbed mine his giving it a light kiss.
"Hello beautiful. You look stunning. I couldn't wait to see you today."

"Flase flattery is not going to earn you any brownie points you know that right?!"
He couldn't wait to see me? Is he feeling the same thing? Wait, i shouldn't get carried away.

I took a seat in the car and Nathan sat next to me giving me a hungry stare that sent chills down my spine.

"I am sorry but I can't help doing this."
His words hadn't even reached me completely when he turned towards me holding my face in his hand, placing his lips on mine. He was gentle at first but the passion level soon reached to max and his tongue was exploring my mouth with an intense hunger.
It went on and on. We took occasional break to breathe in but the passion drove us until we finally reached office.
The car stopped.
I bit my lip as Nathan distanced himself.
We tidied ourselves up and got out of the car.
Nathan started moving grabbing my hand in his.
"What are you doing? People will see. It won't make anything easy for me."

"Deal with it. I don't want to hide my feelings for you. Come. You will now be working with me."

"What? As your secretary?"

"You mind? "

"Yes. Thats not my job description i signed up for."

"Hey. Its only for us to get more time together. I want you to be more of my right hand. Manage things for me. I already have a personal assistant who will now be your personal assistant. You will just have to ensure tasks are assigned to right people and done at the required time. And we can always customize it as we go."

I took a deep breath. Apart from the fact that I could spend more time with him there was nothing more appealing about this new job description Nathan just gave me. I loved computers. I loved my job.

"Hey. I did this just so that we have more time together. I want to get to know you. Be near you."

I dont know why but against my better judgement i agreed.
Working on the operations floor was no piece of cake. I started of signing a lot of papers, non disclosure agreements, a company employment term bond I suppose. There were too many documents for me to read.
But half a day went by just like that and I hadn't even started work.

I was assigned a desk just outside Nathan's office.
Amelia, Nathan's PA was moved to a desk at the dar end of the floor. She didn't seem happy about it though.
Every person on that floor was giving angry questioning looks at me. But i guess seeing Nathan looking out for me personally they did not dare say anything.

I knew now, i will always be an outsider to them.
It was lunch time and assuming none of my colleagues were going to ask me for lunch I knocked on the Boss's door.

"Come in" he said.

On realising it was me, he got up from his seat and walked towards me.
"Problem?"
He gently picked me up and made me sit on his table. It reminded me of that evening when we first kissed, bringing smile to my face.
"Yes. We have a problem. People here think u favour me and so they don't really mingle with me. And i am really hungry. Would you like to have lunch with me?"

He brushed the strand of hair away from my face tucking it behind my ears. His touch tingled me, and my stomach flipped. I straightened my back anticipating what he was planning next.
"No. You can't keep doing this. Let me remind you. You haven't yet done enough to win my heart."
I made a little snobby face and jumped down the table.
I turned towards him and moved closer to fix his tie. I raised my eye brows and challenged him..
"You want to give up?"
He had this naughty smirk on his face and he pulled me closer holding my waist.
"Thats no challenge Ms.Donavan. Lets get the rest of the day off and go out. You make it so easy for me."
"No. We are not taking off. There is work to do."
"I am your boss. I order you here. Thats how it works you know."
"I said no.!!" I pinched his nose.
"You didn't just do that!"
Nathan started chasing me. We were now running in his big cabin, laughing as he purposely slowed to let me escape everytime just so that the chase continued.
I was enjoying every moment of it. I wondered how it would be like to have this feeling forever. I brushed the thought aside because what was important now was how it felt in the present.
And i smiled to myself.