Chapter 31 : The Contract

Nathan's POV

I left office to go and check for Ananya at her home.
At her home there was no sign of either her mom or her. Where are they?
She couldn't just leace without answering me.
I decided to wait till she is back.
I was sitting on the swing in the porch for almost 2 hours now when i heard a car stop by in front on the other side of the road.
It was dark on the porch but I could see the car clearly.
It was her. And she came back with Alex
She missed work for her lover boy. I wanted answers and I wanted to catch her in the act but before I could do anything they saw me.
Her double game must end. She clearly chose him. May be he was the highest bidder, after all money was the only thing she ever wanted.
I decided not to confront them together. I would wait for her to build another story.

She stood there on the road staring at me like she has seen a ghost.
Ofcourse you would not be happy to be caught in the act, would you?

I walked towards her. But she still did not move.
"Oh so now that you are caught in the act you are scared to face me?"
Oh that look on her face proved everything.

"What..what are you doing here Nathan? You shouldn't have come here."

"Oh .. and miss this little love game of yours? I don't think so. You don't think you can get away with breaking my heart, my trust..do you?"
I grabbed her by her shoulders.
But looking at those eyes, made my organs turn inside me. This was not the usual effect she had on me but something different.

"Leave me Nathan. Leave me. Go away from here. After that night I never believed you would even dare to come in front of me."
She shrugged my hands off.

"Oh really. Because I caught your lies. Because I wouldn't believe in them anymore? Why did you play this game with me Ananya? You already had 2 rich boys on your finger tips, why play with my heart then." I begged for her to answer me.
"You.. you don't know what you are talking about Nathan. And please i beg you to leave me alone. I am already going through a lot and I can't deal with the memory of that night again. Please just go and don't ever come back."

"What memory? I was drunk and i might have said a few things because i was angry knowing that u spent your afternoon with Alex in the Palace. But no. I am sure that is not the reason. You got a higher bid for your body from one of the other two guys and you don't need me anymore."

She was confused at first. But then her eyes turned furious. She came forward and raised her hand to slap me but I caught it before it even touched me.
I wriggled her arm and turned it behind her back.
She dare do that to me. She was struggling to free herself and it gave me a saddist pleasure.
No matter how much she tried it will not be easy for her to get rid of me. I am going to screw her life so bad that she will never be able to play this dirty game of hers. And no one will be able to save her this time.

With her back facing me and her hand still turned at the back, i got closer to her. Her scent reminded me of all the moments I spent loving her.
I brought my face in the cavity between her head and shoulder while she struggled to free herself from my clutches.
"No no no...Ms.Donavan. No. Enough of your games. You think you can just leave stomping on my heart? Nah. If I can love you with all my heart, imagine how fierce my hatred will be."
Just then her scarf fell to the ground and I saw what looked like a hickey.

I pushed her away. She was crying. Her cheeks were red and eyes flooded with tears.
"You deserve this and more. And if you believe i am done with you, then No. Tomorrow if you don't report back to work you will get a legal notice from my office.
You remember the contract you had signed right? Let me tell you the clauses which were rather just a joke before."

She looked shocked and shook her head in denial.
Holding her by her arm I pulled her towards the porch swing.
"Sit here you bitch. Because what I am going to tell you now will cut the ground from under your feet."
On one side my heart melted looking at her, but  mind refused to be played with again.
She was showing no aggression anymore. She sat there like a lost sheep, pretending to be a victim. But now I knew she wasn't as innocent as she seemed to be.
"The contract Ms.Donavan suggests you are bound to work for me for a year and if you decide to break the contract then you are to pay me a sum of 1 billion $ or spend 6 months in federal prison."
I felt victorious seeing her destroyed face. Yes. This is how I take revenge. I am happy I made her sign the contract, althought then it was just a joke.