Chapter 22 : You are mine

Ananya's POV

I entered the house with a heavy heart, the emotion that I was feeling at that moment were too much for me to handle. I just wanted to lie down in the lap of Maa and pour my heart out.

With the hope of seeing her smiling face I opened the door, but instead I saw Nathan standing in front of me.

Although he managed to give me a smile, his eyes reeked anger.

But as soon as he saw the state I was in, his stance softened. He came to me and pulled me in his arms.

"Are you alright my Love?"

And just listening to his soothing voice made me melt in his arms. "No I am not. I missed you so much."

"Darling, we were just together till a few hours back. Now don't tell me you just want me to move in with you to avoid missing me so much."

His joke made me giggle, but the pain wouldn't just go away.

"Come, let's make you sit, and then you can tell me everything that happened in your Dance session that made your beautiful eyes so sad."

He was leading me into the drawing room, when the guilt of all the lies I told him took over me. I held his hand in mine without moving even a step.

"Nathan! I was not in the Salsa class. I never joined any. I was at Alex's all evening. I am sorry for lying to you all these days, but I have been spending time at Alex's every evening."

With his back still facing me and his hand in mine, I could feel his body flinch. Maa was walking towards us, and I could see the smile on her face disappear while she was staring at Nathan.

"I will give you two some privacy." She excused herself.

"Nathan. I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you or anything."

Nathan turned to face me when he said, "Ananya. I am sure you have a reason for doing this." But his eyes did not mean even a word of what he just said.

Nathan's POV

I heard a car stop right in front of the house. I slightly moved the curtain and peeped out.

I was expecting to see Alex, but to my surprise it was Lexstur senior who had come to drop off Ananya. I gripped the curtain tightly in anger.

But this was no surprise to me. I knew she was having an affair with Alex, while she was fooling around with me. Either she was making a fool of both of us, or Alex had her playing with me in some sick kinda game which I didn't quite understand.

Or was she after money? Both I and Alex were rich, heir to each of their father's empires. I must say, she played the innocent card too well. Who would believe, the shy timid Ms.Donavan was a gold digger.

But I will have my answers today.

I stood in front of the main door, waiting for Ananya to come in while Mrs. Donavan was busy working in the kitchen.

I saw the look of surprise in her eyes.

"Are you alright my Love?"

But it wasn't the look of surprise in her eyes, it was pain that clouded her eyes.

"No I am not. I missed you so much."

I did not understand why she was so visibly sad. Wasn't she supposed to act all lovey and happy in front of me, was this not their plan?

"Darling, we were just together till a few hours back. Now don't tell me you just want me to move in with you to avoid missing me so much."

I made a lame attempt at joking which made her lips curve into a smile, but her eyes were still dull and gloomy.