Chapter Seventeen: Questions and Answers

Leo: Hey, is artchick97 is the author of Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus?

Arion: *Neigh*

Percy: Jeez, Arion, calm down. He said no, it's Rick Riordan, you flaming Mexican.

Leo: *offended* Hurtful!

Percy:*shrugs* It's what the horse said.

Arion: *Neigh*

I can't wait to see Leo and Arion in the same room together. It would be hilarious.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Once Piper fell, Rachel snapped out of her trance and the smoke dissapated as if it didn't exsist a second ago.

Rachel gasped as if she was drowning, then released her grip on Piper in surprise. Piper's limp body slumped to the floor.

Rachel looked down at her. "Wha--Oh my gods--"

I checked Piper's pulse: she was barely breathing. Her head lolled from side to side. "She doesn't look good. She's hardly breathing."

Rachel paled. "Oh, no. Did I...is she..."

"She's not dead, Rachel. We need to get her some help."

"Okay. Let's get to the infirmary."

I looked back at Piper. "Actually, let's go to the Big House. We need to tell Chiron about...about what you said."

"Um...what exactly did I say? It didn't feel like a prophecy. Whatever spoke through me came from somewhere else--not the oracle."

"It didn't sound like one, either. It sounded like an older woman. She said...she told Piper to free her. If she didn't, the earth shall swallow them. And...the fiery one is only the first. Their king will rise."

I knew who the fiery one is. I knew who the woman was talking about. But I didn't dare say that out loud. "Let's just get her to the Big House. Now."

Rachel didn't argue. We scooped up Piper under her arms and started dragging her out of the cabin. We were making pretty good time, actually, but Piper wasn't doing so well. She didn't make a sound as we pulled her along.

I saw Leo and Will entering the Hephaestus cabin. They didn't see us.

As we exited the cabins area, Drew came sulking. She smirked at Piper's limp form, then sneered, "What happened to Dumpster Queen? Did she finally catch a whiff of what she smells like?"

I ignored the comment and kept hauling Piper along. I knew Jason would be in the Big House with Chiron, and I was glad Chiron told Drew to leave. The last thing we need is that Aphrodite b*tch (A/N excuse my language) sticking her pretty little nose in our conversation.

Rachel and I dragged Piper up the steps and burst through the door. Chiron was in his wheelchair, and Jason was standing, then he rushed over when he spotted Piper. "What happened?" He looked at Piper a way that reminded me of how Piper thought of him. "What's wrong with her?"

"Hera's cabin," I gasped still breatheless from running.

Rachel looked up, and I realized for the first time how much she was affetced by this. Her voice was slightly cracked when she said, "I think...I think I may of killed her."

"No, you didn't, Rachel." Chiron cleared off the couch and placed the pillows at one end, then said, "Annabeth, get the med kit. You know where it is. Jason, help bring Piper to the couch with Rachel."