Chapter Thirteen: The Answer

Not ten minutes later, Butch, a son of Iris had hitched up two of the pegasi to the flying chariot. Will Solace had gritted his teeth over it, but didn't complain. Everyone knew how important this is.

But we weren't just going for Percy. Apparently, there were two demigods there. Not brother and sister, which was a surprise. Gleeson Hedge, a protector, sent a message to camp reporting the two demigods.

I leaped into the chariot. The right wheel was slightly off, but I just hoped it could hold until a hephaestus camper could fix it. 

Butch climbed into the chariot, grasping the reins. He was a rather nice guy if you get to know him, but he looks super scary with his shaved head and build. His rainbow tattoo is a nice shout out to his mom, though.

"The Grand Canyon, huh?" He grunted, pulling on the reins.

"Yeah," I replied, my voice grim and determined. "Find a guy with one shoe."

"Got it." he growled.

My demeanor matched his. I was ready to take down this guy. Whatever he had done with Percy, I was ready to send him to Tartarus.

I felt good actually doing something. I now had a legit objective, a goal. My pain and loss now turned into determination and anger for the guy who took Percy from me.

We cantered into the sky, then went on warp-speed. I hung on to the edge of the chariot, my ponytail whipping back. Warp-speed is rather dizzying.  A second later, the chariot slowed, and the Grand Canyon materialized below us. A glass skywalk was suspended over part of it, but I could see signs of a battle: A large scorch mark, chunks of glass missing with cracks forming, and some debris splayed around. Three figures stood in the midst of it, two boys and a girl.

Once the chariot touched the ground, I jumped off the chariot, hitting the skywalk running. I pulled my dagger, and I focused on the male with one shoe off.

When I reached the group, I glared at the guy. "Where is he?" I snarled.

The guy looked confused and alarmed. "Where's who?" I could tell he was telling the truth, somehow.

I frowned. He was the demigod with one shoe. He should know. Obviously, he didn't. I turned to the other boy and the girl. "What about Gleeson? Where's Gleeson Hedge, your protector?"

They all looked completely lost at this. The guy with one shoe, who had blonde hair and blue eyes, was just as confused. Then the other boy, who was hispanic, finally spoke up. "He got taken by some...tornado things."

"Venti." The blonde guy supplied. "Storm spirits."

Now it was my turn to be confused. This guy knew monsters, and in Latin. But he didn't know anything about Percy. Curious, very curious. "You mean anemoi thuellai? That's the Greek term. Who are you, and what happened?"

The blonde guy, Jason, explained, how he woke up the field trip with no memory, the fight with Dylan the storm spirit, and Hedge being sucked into the vortex. The other two were named Piper and Leo.

Butch had come over about halfway through the story. We both stood there glaring at the trio,  listening to their story.

Once Jason was done relaying the story, it gave no signifigance whatsoever to where Percy is. "No, no, no! She told me he would be here. She told me if I came here, I'd find the answer." They had no idea what I was talking about, but i was now just as clueless as the last few days. I was desperate.

Butch nodded to Jason's bare foot. "Annabeth," He muttered. "Check it out." He pointed to our feet. Jason's bare foot looked rather painful, like a piece of coal. He didn't seem in pain, though.

"The guy with one shoe. He's the answer."

I looked at Butch. "No, Butch. he can't be. I was tricked." Hera was just playing with me, hurting me. I always knew we didn't get along, but this was horrible. "What do you want from me?" I shouted to the sky. "What have you done with him?"

The entire skywalk groaned, and I knew we had to leave now. I looked to the sky. The clouds, I noticed, formed a perfect circle, like the opposite of the eye of the storm. Storm magic.

Butch voiced my thoughts. "Annabeth, we gotta leave. Let's get these three to camp and figure it out there. Those storm spirits might come back."

I seethed for a moment, then turned to Jason. "Fine." I still wasn't completely sure what I thought of him, or if he was trustworthy or not. "We'll settle this later." I stormed toward the chariot. I knew they were talking about me, but I ignored them. I busied myself with calming the horses and checking the reins. I had my own problems to go over in my head.

I was so sure Percy was here. Atleast, I thought I could find out where Percy was. But Hera obviously tricked me. She resented me so much that she took Percy from me and even tricked into thinking that I could find him here. How could she be so cruel?

Or, some rationalizing voice in my head said, She might actually have a reason for sending it to you, not just to torture you. Jason might actually be the answer.

Oh, Percy, where are you?

______________________________________________________________________________

I forget if I finished off a previous chapter with the mental message to Percy, but oh well. I couldn't think of a good ending, so i just put that in. I haven't updated in like forever, so I wanted to get this up. This is the first chapter where Piper, Jason and Leo are in it. I have the book with me now, so it's mostly accurate--I just sorta skimmed through the pages to get the idea and stuff. I'm going to have the time during the Lost Hero like the demigods' first day at Camp Half Blood and stuff, so you can see what Annabeth was thinking during that time.

Anyway, I wanted to start putting a cast in my story. I have some ideas for Piper, Jason and Leo, but not for Percy, Annabeth, Julia, Sabrina, so on. And don't say Alexandra Daddario for Annabeth or Logan Lerman for Percy. The movie was pretty bad compared to the book, so when think of them I think of the epic fail the Percy Jackson movie was. It has the same title, but Percy and Annabeth were not Percy and Annabeth. I just didn't think the movie was valid to the book.  I liked Grover though. He was cool.

Oh! Oh! Oh! In Latin class, we got our new vocab sheet yesterday, and one of the words was valde, which means great. Add a z, and you get Leo the Great!! (I just thought that was funny and just wanted to let you guys know. Leo is awesome <3)

Sorry for the rant. Please vote and comment!!!!

artchick97