Chapter Six: Discussion

Just want to say thanks to my readers for, well, reading.

You know, I've always pictured Annabeth's point of view a little more observant and analyzing, like she takes note of everything and always is looking for danger, a threat, stuff like that. I'm not writing that way because i think it would take too long to write things like that, and I'm just starting out writing. I'll leave it to Rick Riordan to truly show her mind. (Which he owns)

I'm also working to Juno's Warning and Percy's kidnapping, but it goes kinda slow. Action and stuff will be part of it, don't worry.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to let you guys know about that.

Uuuuuummmmmmm..............................PICKLE! (quoting Rockinreily) :)

__________________________________________________________________________

On our way to the Big House, Drew, the new Aphrodite counselor, passed us. She was talking to two of her cabinmates, Lacy and Kevin, who were dripping wet.

"Next time, sweeties, don't think you can get away with not doing what you're told to do. You don't want to fall into the lake again?" Drew's poisoned honey voice had a strange ring to it, and I found myself believing her, even though I doubted they fell.

"Who's that?" Percy seemed under a trance, like I was in. He looked a bit troubled, though.

'That's Drew. She's the new counselor for Aphrodite now that Silena's...gone." I paused for a second. "I think Chiron told me she's a charmspeaker."

"What's a charmspeaker?"

"Like, did you feel completely convinced of her? She's able to convince people to do something for her or believe something. I don't think Lacy and Kevin fell. She probably persuaded them to jump in. You know how some girls or guys would do anything for their crush or girlfriend or boyfriend? Sort of like that."

He nodded and frowned. "How'd she become the counselor? Someone nicer should've been picked."

I sighed. "I agree. But the oldest camper gets to be counselor, and Drew's the oldest. And I doubt anyone in the Aphrodite cabin will have the guts to challenge Drew."

Percy sighed. "That's true. But it's just not right. It's like a dictatorship."

I squeezed his hand. "Yeah, it isn't. But we'll deal with it later. Let's go talk to Chiron."

Chiron was in his office, bent over a large, leather book that was written in Greek. He was in his wheelchair, and muttering under his breath. He looked up and smiled once he heard us.

"Annabeth, Percy, it's nice to see you both. How have you been?"

"Hi, Chiron. We've been good, but we have some things we need to talk to you about,"

"Of course, Annabeth. Let us walk around the camp."

We started out to the door, Chiron wheeling along with us. At the porch, he backed up into the corner and started to get out of his wheelchair. Percy and me stepped back to give him room as he extracted himself out of the wheelchair. It was sort of like watching a truck pull out of a tight parking space. Once he was in his true form as a white centaur, he stepped onto the grass and led us past the cabins.

"Now, what would you like to talk to me about?" He asked.

Percy replied before I could. "I haven't had any dreams about anything, not like checking up on things, or warnings, nothing. It was completely quiet. And no monsters have attacked all semester so far. Usually some dracana or minor monster attacks, but it's been extremely quiet. I don't like it."

Chiron nodded, thoughtful. "That is very true. Whenever a new demigod stumbles into camp, they don't seem very rushed or in danger. But this is just a calm between storms." He paused, then continued. "I think I know what the new Great Prophecy is about. When the Olympians originally defeated the Titans, a race of immortals called the Giants rose up against them for revenge. The gods could only defeat them with a mortal's help. I'm trying to find out more about it, but very little is known or recorded about it. The Giants almost won, though."

Percy and I were quiet for a long time, soaking that in.

Chiron spoke again, a little bit of hope in his voice. "But that happened centuries after the first Titan War."

We exhaled with relief. The last thing we need is another full-out immortals war.

You see how my life is really screwed up?

But I digress...for now, at least.

Anyway, I voiced a question in my head. "Do you mean no monsters will attack untill the Giants rise? Or will they just start attacking again?"

Chiron frowned. "Oh, I'm sure the monsters will come back. This usually happens when a major battle takes place. I wouldn't worry and just enjoy the quiet."

We did. Percy and I didn't have anymore questions, so we left for the rest camp and headed to Olympus. On the cab ride back, Percy said, "You know, I'm not rooting for the Giants this season. Go Jets."

I laughed. "I'm not. The Jets were originally in a different league than the Giants, and they were known as the Titans. Then the team changed their name to Jets."

Percy's sea green eyes widened. "I'll just stick to baseball."

______________________________________________________

Note: The Jets were in a different league and called the Titans, (we live in NJ, btw) and when they changed to the NFL, they changed their name to Jets. Little known but true fact. I thought it was kind of ironic and funny, so I used it here. But honestly, there should be a NY team called the Olympians. Just a thought. :)

-artchick97