Chapter Four: My Roommates

The next morning, I was waiting in the front lobby for Percy to pick me up. I knew Sabrina and Julia were hiding behind the stairwell doors, waiting to spring on me and Percy. I shuffled nervously on my feet, everything of the coming threat running through my mind--the dreamless nights, no monster attacks, and even the episode at the airport all those weeks ago. I tried to focus on other things, like the blueprints of the temple for Hephaestus I have to complete. Maybe if I move the temple for Ares over a bit....

I didn't realize Percy had entered the building until I heard the hushed whispers coming from the stairwell. I quickly shook myself from my thoughts and focused on my boyfriend.

Percy was as attractive as ever, his dark hair slightly unruly as always, his hands stuffed into his pockets as he walked up to me.

I smiled at him, genuinely happy to see him. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder as he encircled my waist and pressed his lips against my hair. He murmured, "Hi, Wise Girl."

I replied, "Hey, Seaweed Brain. How's school treating you?"

"As usual." I heard muffled giggles from behind the stairwell door, and smiled to myself.  "Percy, would you like to meet my room mates? Julia, Sabrina, meet Percy, my boyfriend."

More whispering and giggles arose from the door, and it opened, in walking Sabrina and Julia.

Percy grinned a little sheepishly. "Yeah, I'm her boyfriend. I'm Percy."

Sabrina, flirty and outgoing, grinned widely at him. "Hi, I'm Sabrina. Annabeth has told us so much about you!"

I glared at her, my cheeks burning.

Percy chuckled, and gripped me tighter, in an affectionate way. "Has she, now? I hope it isn't anythig bad."

Julia laughed, maybe over-exaggerating as she did so. "Oh, it's horrible. She said you have five tattoos and stole three cars while being chased by the cops. I'm Julia, by the way."

Percy returned the sarcasm. "Actually, it's four cars. One was a '74 mustang, and it was an awesome car. Wish I wasn't caught in that chase." He smiled at me.

I giggled. "That was the one you almost ran me over and was paralyzed becausse I was just that gorgeous," Percy bumped me playfully. "Then you offered to give me a ride and the cops caught up to you."

"Oh, I remember now. You owe me that, Chase." Percy held me tighter and I thumped his forehead with my hand. He shook it out and blinked. I laughed and threw my arms around his neck, leaning towards him and planting a soft kiss on his lips. He smiled after I pulled back and kissed my forehead.

Julia and Sabrina fell into hysterical giggles. "Well, I see you two are doing well." Sabrina gasped out in between her antics.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Don't get yourself killed."

Percy grabbed my backpack before I could reach it and slung it over his shoulder, lacing his fingers through mine. "Nice meeting you, Julia and Sabrina." He called over his shoulder. I heard my room mates' catcalls and laughters fade away as we exited the building.

"I'm sorry about them. They're...."

Percy laughed and squeezed my waist. "It's, okay, Annabeth. They're as crazy as any demigod off the streets."

I paused at that, thinking....

I shook it out of my head, They couldn't be....

I changed the subject, "So, where are we headed first? Olympus or camp?"

He raised his eyebrow at me. "You're the strategist. What are we doing?"

I rolled my eyes and bumped him playfully. "Camp is more important. Let's go there."

Percy bumped back and grinned. "To Camp Half Blood we go!"