Chapter Fifteen: Discussions

Tyson: Who is the writer of Percy Jackson and the Olympians? He's my brother!

Ella: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Heroes of Olympus. Copywrite, Hyperion, author Rick Riordan. Riordan, Irish. Royal poet.

Tyson: *sniffles* y...you mean artchick97 is not the author?

Ella: artchick97. wattpad username. Wrote the fanfic Juno's Warning. Juno, Roman goddess of marraige. Greek Form, Hera.

Tyson: You are smart. *smiles shyly* And pretty.

Ella: *blushes* Tyson. Big, strong. Nice to Ella. Ella likes big and strong. Ella likes Tyson.

I love this couple. They are adorable!!!!! If ya think so, vote for this!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

As I showed Piper around camp, I wasn't really into it. I was on autopilot, not really thinking about what I was telling her. I knew where I was going, but I wasn't paying attention to that, either.

I was thinking about Percy.

I couldn't cover up how disappointed I was with the trip. I mean, it was definitely worth it to save three demigods, but I wanted to find out something useful about Percy. I was really hoping things have eased up between Hera and I, but it was obvious she still liked torturing me. She was cruel enough to tease me, to tell me that I would find him if I went to the Grand canyon and find the guy with one shoe. Jason doesn't even remember who he is, much less anything about anyone else. How is he supposed to be the answer?

What is that supposed to mean?

Nevermind, Annabeth. Think about this later.

I focused back on Piper. I was leading her to the edge of the woods, away from camp activities and campers. I would've brought her to the lake, but Demigods were still fishing out the chariot. The beach was occupied by the Nemesis cabin, doing some ritual for their mother. I needed Piper alone.

Her feelings for Jason were prominent, at least to me, and I had a feeling it was all fake. Her relationship with Jason never existed.

I guess I sort of related to her. I just lost Percy, and she just lost Jason too.

I finished explaining to her about the camp borders, watching her reaction. She seemed pretty calm, like I confirmed some insane idea she had pondered for years.

"Your saying Mom was a goddess." Piper kept her voice even and rational. So it's Athena or Nike, I'm guessing.

"You're taking this awfullly calmly." I noted.

She looked at her shoes. Piper was silent for a moment, then took a shaky breath. "I guess after this morning, it's a little easier to believe. So who's my mom?"

I thought she might've been hiding more, but I didn't pry. "We should know soon. So you're what--fifteen? Gods are supposed to claim you at thirteen. That was the deal."

"The deal?"

"They made a promise last summer..." How was i supposed to tell her that? Too long of a story. "well, long story...but they promised not to ignore their demigod children anymore, to claim the by the time they turn thirteen. Sometimes it's a little longer, but you saw how fast Leo was claimed once he got here. Should happen to you soon. Tonight at the campfire, I bet we'll get a sign."

Piper seemed to doubt that. "Why thirteen?"

"The older you get, the more monsters notice, try to kill you. 'Round thirteen is when it starts." Atleast, for most demigods. "That's why we send protectors into the schools to find you guys, get you to camp before it's too late.'