Never Knew // BAM // Part 40

Start from the beginning

"We know what occurred." She announced, her voice soft and tired.

"What happened?" I eagerly spoke, "will Mia be okay?" I questioned again. She sighed and looked at us both warily,

"I'm afraid it isn't good news. But she will be better as time progresses. Mia had a nervous breakdown." She looked at us both for our reaction. Leo's face turned pale and weak, vulnerable. His eyes dropped down as he fiddled with his hands. His lips in a small, upset pout. I felt my eyes open widely in shock, disbelief.

"What? Why?" I spat, hardly believing what she's telling us.

"It's believed through the past few months she's been going through a hard time. The scars to prove that. She was suffering through depression, however didn't take any medications." She exclaimed, calmness in her voice, "for the next few months, Mia will have to take antidepressants, beta blockers and temazepams. Antidepressants will reduce Mia's depression, helping her to not have another breakdown. Beta blockers will help reduce Mia's anxiety, bringing her back to her usual self with less anxiety. Temazepams will be a sleeping medication, helping her to fall asleep quicker and helps her to stay asleep as people who suffer through depression tend to find it hard to sleep" she reluctantly exclaimed in full detail. I weakly nodded and tightened my fist, trying to stay calm.

"When can we see her?" I mumbled, trying my best not to sound angry.

"Now." She announced, "she'll wake up within the next few minutes." The nurse nodded, stepping to the side to allow us to walk in.

Me and Leo instantly stood up and rushed towards the door, giving the nurse a sharp grateful smile. I placed my hands on the door, pushing it open quickly.

My eyes opened in shock at the scene in front of me. Mia lay on the bed, her face gone extremely pale. Her hair everywhere and tears dried on her cheeks. Dark circles under her eyes, scars and burns on show. I felt my heart wildly pound in my chest as I walked towards her. Leo already by her side, lightly running his fingers down her hair, holding her hands firmly. Her lips are parted slightly, looking so innocent as she peacefully sleeps.

However now her barriers are broken down, and you can clearly see how broken she is. I swallowed hard as I examined her, taking the moment to see her true self.

"I don't know what to say..." I whispered as I kneeled down and wrapped both my hands around her other hand, gazing at her in complete pain.

"Me nor.." Leo whispered, staring at her desperately.

"It's like.. she's changed so much." I mumbled, rubbing her hand gently with my thumb.

"Yeah." He replied, "remember the days when our biggest problem was who ate the Nutella" he laughed without expression.

I smiled and nodded, remembering them times. I let out my breath and prepared to see Mia with her eyes open, wandering what she'll say. I glanced over at Leo who's face was filled with sadness. I don't think I've ever seen him so upset before.

"My poor M-Bear..." he mumbled softly, running his hands down her bruises and scars. "Who did this to you..?" He whispered firmly.

"I'll kill whoever did this to her." I growled in anger. Leo just sighed and continued to patiently wait.

5 minutes later, I heard a small whimper come from Mia, causing me and Leo to immediately sit up.

"Mia?" Leo hoarsely spoke, rubbing her hand softly. Her eyes suddenly flickered open, her eyes opening in shock.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Mia's POV;

"Mia?" I heard a Welsh voice speak, his voice weak and broke. I felt my eyes flutter open softly, my eyesight blurred and dizzy at first. I blinked a few times, trying to re-gain my eye sight. Once I had, my eyes opened in pure shock.

Where am I?

I anxiously looked around. Suddenly memories flooding back. Screaming. Crying. More screaming. Pain, an endless amount of pain. I warily looked around me, still seeing white walls and the sound of beeping. The hospital.

"H-help..." I whimpered, tears spilling down my cheeks.

Instantly I felt two hands worriedly stroke my hands, they're eyes resting on me. I looked at them both.

Leo and Charlie.

I let out a relieved breath, glad it isn't Mike. Mike. The memories of why I'm in here came flooding back, causing more and more tears to spill.

"I'm scared." I whispered, my voice breaking as I stared at the two boys in complete awe.

"It's okay, it'll be okay." Charlie comfortingly whispered,

"Stay strong M-Bear." I heard Leo beg. I glanced at them both, seeing how torn apart they both look.

"How long have I been here?" I asked dryly, swallowing hard in fright to know the answer.

"Over 3 weeks. You... you had a breakdown. You were out for almost 9 hours." Charlie admitted. I winced and whimpered, my heart tearing apart at these news.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry.. this is all my fault! I'm such a failure!" I sobbed loudly, looking away from the 2 boys and covering my face with my hands.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Leo's POV:

As she said those words, my heart broke. She's not a failure! This isn't her fault! I growled angrily,

"This isn't your fault. You're not a failure. The person who put you here is!" I gripped her hands, lightly pulling them off her face.

Her eyes bloodshot from crying, her lips wobbling from sobbing, her body trembling.

I sighed and went to put a strand of her hair behind her ear, causing her to instantly place an arm over her face to cover it. I looked at her in curiosity, instantly dropping my hand. I swallowed, fright overtaking me.

"Don't hit me..." she cried brokenly. I winced at her thought, panic flooding through me.

She thought I'd hit her?!

"Mia... Leo wasn't going to hit you." Charlie warily replied, softness filling his fine. I collapsed back into my chair, feeling useless.

"I-I-I'm sorry..." she trembled, her eyes opened widely in fear, warily glancing around as realisation entered her eyes again.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Charlie questioned. Mia gazed at us both, but sealed her lips shut.