Chapter Twenty: Please...Greysie.

Start from the beginning

"He never cheated on me."

"Yet."

"Rowan," I snap.

"Skyler," Rowan snaps back.

I take a deep breath. "Can we just - stop? I can't deal with it right now. I've been thinking about it all week. I'm done."

He stares at me longer then I would have appreciated before he nods his head and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Pulling me closer to him as we walked to the tents.

He looks over at me and then over towards Greyson setting up his tent. "You have to apologize."

I roll my eyes, "did he tell everyone?"

"No." Rowan replies quickly, "but Sam did. He didn't deserve what you said to him. I remember when it happened. I didn't know why he did it at the time but I remember how upset he was about the whole thing. He wanted to kill them for making that bet."

I know. I wish people would stop reminding me about the bet. I would also like not having to think about the fact that Greyson and Sam are so chummy. Maybe they are dating and just not admitting it to anyone?

The thought makes my heart feel like a fist is clenching around it.

I stop short making Rowan trip over his own feet. He catches himself and looks back at me. "Are they like...a thing?"

He looks at me confused, "who?"

"Sam and Greyson?"

His eyes widen in fear, "why would you think that?"

I shrug, "doesn't it seem oddly weird that their spending so much time together lately?"

Rowan scurries over to me and lowers his voice to a whisper, "you seriously think that Sam would like Greyson like that?"

I understand why I'm freaking out, but why is my brother?

"I guess he goes over to Sams a lot."

Rowan chews on his bottom lip (a nervous tick be both share.) "Do you think Sams into him?"

"Are you into Sam?" I ask.

His eyes widen even more - if thats even possible - "that's ridiculous."

I raise an eyebrow with a smirk, "is it? You seem offly concerned on who Sams into."

He glares at me, "oh yeah." Oh no. He's smirking, "and what about you, little sister. Scared Greyson is in love with your best friend?"

IN LOVE!?

"Rowan! No one ever said anything about love."

He laughs, "tell that to your face."

"What does that even mean?"

He sighs, "I see the way you look at him."

With despair?

"I look at him as I always have."

His face becomes serious (I never like it when his face becomes serious.) "You look at him the way he looks at you."

What is that even supposed to mean? How does Greyson look at me? A friend? With contempt? Like Rowans annoying little sister? With something...more? Before I can ask, Rowan scurries away and I'm left there staring at Greyson and empty tents.

***

"You can't be mad at me forever."

He completely ignores me.

"Greyson, come on."

He walks into his and Rowans tent. I follow.

"Are you going to make me grovel? Do I need to get down on my knees?"

With a flick of his wrist the head light comes on and were no longer in the dark. He's still not looking at me.

"Please...Greysie."

His eyes flicker to mine and where there should be humor there's only anger. "Just leave me alone, Skye."

I hate when he calls me Skye. Everyone else does, but never him. He only calls me Skyler. Unless he's mad at me. He turns away from me and I feel helpless. Why is he so upset over this?

"Grey. Come on. I know what I said wasn't true. I was just angry and you were what was there to let my anger out at."

He shakes his head and he fluffs a pillow (although he's probably imagining the pillow as my face with the force he's using on it.) "I know I'm not the nicest guy, Skye. But to you, I've tried my hardest to make up for the mistakes I've made. Yet you just keep throwing them back in my face."

"I don't-"

He flips around - the glow of the flashlight casting a shadow over his face - "let me finish."

I stay silent.

"Maybe I was a prick when I was younger and maybe I'm a sarcastic jackass most of the time. But this past month I haven't done anything that has warranted you to take your anger out on me over and over again. Especially when it's your boyfriend that should be getting the backlash. He's the one that cheated, he's the one that didn't want to go public for the longest time, he's the one that made the bet. Not me. I was the one that was trying to hide you from all of his bullshit."

He's right. He's so incredibly right and I'm just now realising it. Yes, maybe Greyson was a little ass when we were younger but he's only been kind and there for me this past month. And here I've been. Resenting him for things that don't even matter. Things that have happened so long ago and didn't even warrant a pure hatred that I've held for him.

I guess I was just trying to hide what I was really feeling. I know that when I look at Greyson I only feel happiness. Maybe when I was eight and he would lock me out of my house I would look at him as if he was the devil. But now.

Now when I look at Greyson all I see is a boy that's been nothing but supportive when I've been going through everything with Cole. The boy that would risk being kicked out of the team that he used to love so dearly to defend my honor. The boy thats showed me nothing but kindness and happiness, while I've been treating him so terribly.

I don't deserve the friendship that he's been giving me. But if he will forgive me. I will cherish it with all the will I have.

Because now I know that I don't want to loose Greyson.

I gulp back the lump forming in my throat and flight back the flutter in my chest. With a deep breath and a few steps I'm in front of him and I'm nodding. "I know. I'm sorry."

He stares at me and the angry expression fades into a soft smile. He pinches my chin gently with his thumb and pointer finger so I'm looking straight into his eyes, "I never thought I would hear the day Skyler Rose Hastings apologized to Greyson Black."

I smirk, "Greyson Aleksander Black."

He rolls his eyes, "I hate when you use my full name."

I bite my lip to hold back a smile, "I hate when you use my full name."

He bites his lip to hold back his smile, "you're a terrible liar."

I glance down at his lips and then back up to his eyes, "so are you."

Greyson drops his hand and scratches the back of his neck, "look Skyl-"

"Is she here?" Greyson is interrupted by the voice outside his tent.

Cole came.

***

Ah! Were getting so close to some insane chapters and I'm so excited for you guys to read them! I'm in a writing mood so there may be some more chapters posted today...maybe.

Anyways. So I was wondering...who's Team Cole and who's Team Greyson? I'm extremely curious. Let me know. (:

Vote

Comment

Happy Reading!